Sign in to follow this  
partsrod

Splendide Just Stopped

I have a 2003 Pace Arrow have had it for three years. The washer/dryer have worked just fine until 4 days ago.

About 5 min into the wash it just turned off. No lights on panel. I called service and they said to check that it has power.

Next day I pulled the unit out far enough to unplug and ran a extension cord to it. The lights came on and I ran part of a wash cycle with on cloths and though everything was OK.

Put cloths in and after about 3 min it stopped again--no lights. Unplugged it and today I tried it again-- plugged it in and lights came on, turned it off and when tried to restart no lights on panel. It is a WD2000S model. Any Ideas?

If I understand correctly, it is power to the unit that is going out. If so, could be a faulty breaker, GFI or even a loose wire. It also could be that the Splendide is drawing too much power and/or you are on low enough voltage that the amp draw is excessive.

Please confirm what you did to get the unit to turn on after going dead-- reset breaker, GFI, etc.

Thanks.

Thanks Wolfe 10

The power to the plug for the unit is from a different source now and never have to reset anything. It is just when you push the start button that the lights would come on and work for a little then they go out and nothing. I just waited a day with it unplugged and it started once.

I have to agree with Brett. Disconnect all power and Inverter and then open up the outlet. You may find a loose or corroded connection. You can also test the outlet with a meter for continuity from the plug to the wire. Also check the machine for a loose or corroded connection.

Hope you get it fixed. The DW might not like the clothes stacking up.

Good Luck,

Herman

Herman,

I think I initially misinterpreted his issue. In his second post, he says he used another source (i.e. extension cord) and the problem persisted.

Unless the other source has the same issue as the original plug, it sounds like the problem is in the Splendide unit itself (its power cable, connection in the unit, etc.

Brett, I agree just covering the bases. The power cords for the combo unit could have a loose connection in the plug its self.

I have always marveled at how so many electrical items in our coaches continue to provide good service with all the bouncing and jolts we give them going down the road.

Herman

Partsrod,

The knob/ rotary style switches used in most Washer / dryers have a cam follower pin placed in the switch knob assembly.

Because these units are made of plastic-the plastic drys out over time. This leads to cracks developing in the area of the pin is anchored.

Should you be handy working on small items you might be able to use some plastic epoxy around the pin area.

NOTE: that little pin likes to fall out when the knob is damaged and one is taking it apart, so one might place some tape or have a small magnet for retrieving little parts to remove the pin before it just disappears. I have lost one or two over the years and your left with no good way to replace it unless you have some small round steel metal stock.

Take pictures and some good notes if it is something you have never ventured to repair!!

Work with the unit unplugged-could make for a very bad day!!!!!

I'm notorious for venturing into places not even repair shops go. Still have that little boy curiosity in me. :rolleyes:

Rich.

Or it could be a defect in the control board. These washer/dryers have a computer board that controls the unit. If it malfunctions the unit is dead. I've replaced the control board in our W/D twice. Checking to see if the power is working is just step one in troubleshooting. Call Customer Service or read your manual for step 2 and step 3...

Westland Sales is the US distributor for Splendide. I don't know who you called when you say you called service. If it wasn't Westland Sales, give them a call and discuss the problem with them. Even if you called them before, call them back and let them know that the power is working. They'll talk you through the next steps in testing the unit. I've found them to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

This is the web site if the link above doesn't work. http://www.splendide.com/index.htm

Pulled the unit out today to get to the back and start checking for voltage. The surge protector was OK but the pigtail from there to the board was burnt. Will order a new board from Westland on Monday.

Herman. A crap shoot. 50/50 Electrical or Mechanical! Like you, it's amazing that we move the house and things (most of the time) still work!!! :lol::wub:

Carl