btchant

Flat Towing Fiat 500 POP

I will be flat towing a Fiat 500, as this will be my first towing behind my class A.

Is there anyone towing a 500 that can give me some good advise. I intend on using a Blue Ox base plate and bars and was thinking on using a rvi2 brake system.

Must I have the key on and any other advise etc.

You've probably already checked the 2015 Towing Guide http://www.fmca.com/images/stories/pdf/towing_2015.pdf. It contains a footnote to not flat tow model 500L equipped with a Euro Twin Clutch transmission. Page 307 of the Fiat 500 Owner Manual contains a table with instructions for towing one with the Euro Twin Clutch, in conflict with the previously referenced footnote. The guide does not address the key position question.

post-17585-0-92040700-1424283013_thumb.j

I just bought a new 2015 Fiat 500 Pop. I just had it set up with a Blue Ox tow plate and Blue Ox tow bar. It is a manual transmission and there is no steering lock on it so I can just put it in neutral and I don't need the keys in it. The other great news, it also does not register miles when being towed. I think this is even easier than the old Saturn was!