pembertonltd8

Trip From Banff To Vancouver

Question

We will be taking a trip by jeep from Banff Canada to Vancouver in the first part of June this year.

I am trying to figure out the nicest route, not the fastest route, to take. We have not been to Canada and want to see the scenery of the area. I know that we can go south to the wine region of Okinagan or take the northern route through Whistler and then drop down.

Any suggestions

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Regardless of what route you take west, be sure to take a trip north of Lake Louise to the Columbia Ice Fields. Very scenic drive.

Lenp

I think I would take Hwy 1 west to Sicamous, B.C., then take Hwy 97 south thru the Okanagan valley. Beautiful scenery, wineries, and lakes. If you want to take a slight detour, stay on 97 south to Osoyoos - high desert country, then west on Hwy 3 until it connects with Hwy. 1 near Hope, B.C. approx. 90 miles from Vancouver.

Faster route - still scenic but not as nice would be to take Hwy 1 west to Kamloops, the Hwy 5 south to Hope, then back on Hwy 1 to Vancouver.

pembertonltd8,

Good to hear your question and thoughts on your trip. However when you type in all capitol letters it indicates one of two things, 1) you are shouting and 2) you are angry which I don't think that you meant either.

Glad you are contributing to the Forum and keep those card and letters coming. :)

Herman

Thanks for all the news and sorry about the setting No I am not mad or shouting. Just computer illiterate lol

Your capital letters do not hurt my ears at all. I have never understood this "shouting" thing just because one pressed the "caps" button by mistake. My goodness, I am glad to hear what you have to say, however you say it.

Don

I can tell that you are former USN with the quote of fair winds and following seas. I am a retired Diving Dicksmith (Special ops diving corpsman) myself and have always loved that quote. What was your rating in the navy and how long were you in for