Sign in to follow this  
CarlAda

New To Us

Trading in our Jayco Seneca 35GS on a 2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 DaVinci Friday! So stoked!

Been looking at DPs for months and months and finally found this one. 55K miles on it, but clean as a whistle. While the Jayco had a Duramax diesel, really looking forward to learning more about Caterpillar power plants. This one hosts a C9 400 HP engine. The coach rides like it's on a cloud and is very well equipped.

Fairly new tires on it, so won't have a big outlay of money right away on those! Don't have any pics of it yet.

I will be doing seminars on diesel maintenance (the what needs to be done, why and when, not the "how to") at the Diesel RV Club (an FMCA Chapter) Rally in Palm Springs March 8-13 (http://www.dieselrvclub.org/event-1735866). Getting close to the registration deadline-- probably need to register on-line and use pay-pal. Doubt snail mail will get it done.

Also at the Pomona FMCA Convention later in the month.

Would love to attend and will get to one eventually...sadly, the timing isn't good for me to make either event. Will definitely be keeping my eye out for future seminars that come up.

Add to your "To Do List" check the manufacture date on all tires. If the fronts in particular are more than five years old, I would replace them. The rears duals can go a little longer because in most cases a blow out on the rear is not as dangerous.

The second thing is to check all fluids, send to a oil anylysis lab and pick up kits for engine oil, train oil, radiator fluid, rear end fluid. These four essential fluids tell the same type of story that your doctor gets when he does a complete blood work panel on you. A good lab tech can determine the present state of wear and condition with these lab reports very accurately. Routine results are placed online in your account in 3-4 days. Mail copy's of each report are received in a little over a week. If serious maintenance issues are found they will call you and email you ASAP. The advance warning of serious problems can save you lots of money and avoid down time and inconvienence.

I use a company called WEAR CHECK USA, Cary, SC each mail in sample is about $12.00 dollars (total cost per sample) 800-237-4050. No connection, just a customer for the last twenty years.

Tires are about 2-3 years old. One of the things I checked on every unit we considered. Thanks for the info on the fluid analysis. Will take a look into it.

Carl,

Just because the tires are older doesn't mean you have to reject the coach. There are some wonderful coaches out there that have older tires on them just because the owner didn't know that tires age out before they wear out. Just figure the cost of replacement when making your offer to the coach.

Also one of the thing I look at when we were seeking an upgrade was the mileage verses the interior. High mileage and beautiful interior might mean the owner used it more to travel in then stay in. Low mileage and worn interior might indicate the coach was parked much more then moved and was used to live in such as a snowbird. Neither means the coach is bad, just an indicator of how it was used by the pervious owner.

Good luck on your search and go with your gut.

Herman

Well, picked the coach up today and said goodbye to our faithful Seneca. I think I knew more about motor homes than the guy giving me the walk-through. Got a lot to learn about Class A DPs though. Quite a change from a FRED Super C. Lots of new things to play with and learn how they work. Loading her up tomorrow to take a short trip to Seven Feathers campground Sunday for the shake down cruise.

Carlada,

Good luck, we also made the switch from a Class C (coachmen Santara) to a DP last May.

Looking back I wish I stared out with a DP, love it.

Good luck We looked and almost bought a CC, just coudn't get there on price, nice coaches!

On the shakedown cruise as I type. Couple of nights at 7 Feathers. So far, replaced a couple of fuses to fix the no dash fan and a light, realigned the Fantastik fan gears so it would automatically open, figured out that the bathroom fan has a stripped gear, but all in all, nothing major. Will have to fix/repair a leaking windshield washer reservoir and tighten up some latches on the bay doors.

Need to get the Remco monitor installed so we can pull the toad. Trying to figure out the best places to put different things.

Working out the systems that were different from our previous coach......Oh the joys of ownership. :) I love it!

Carl, I'm on my way home from Desert Hot Springs, CA and sitting at 7 Feathers site 130. Small world, enjoy your new coach.

Hey Carl.. thats a great coach for the money. We looked at a '06 DaVinci and a '07 Sienna..but unfortunately due to a family illness we didn't go for it. I was really leaning toward the Sienna but the DaVinci was a great buy as well. One thing you may want to do if you haven't done so is get on the IRV2 forum and go to the "Owners Forums".. there you will find a forum dedicated to the Country Coach Owners that has a wealth of information. There is some discussion there regarding radiators and the "wet PTO" that you may want to check out.

Enjoy the new ride!!!

Thanks NCB ... yes, I'm on IRV2, as well as a Yahoo group dedicated to Country Coach owners.

We're very pleased with our purchase. As with any used coach, there are items that need to be fixed or addressed, but it sure beat the 2015 Newmar (price wise) that we liked. Alas, the lottery didn't pan out :)

Having just returned for our little shake down cruise, I remember some of Brett's comments and threads regarding using Economy mode with the Allison transmission and some other good posts that I want to go back are reread now that I've had her on the road. Wish the timing of the Diesel Club seminar fit my schedule better, but I'll catch one soon, I'm sure.

Nice meeting you and your wife Carl. Sorry that I had to leave so soon but the wife was cracking the whip to get us home before dark. Made it just in time. I would of loved to see your new rig.