poppi175

Access To Newmar Dutch Star Analog TV

I have a 2007 Newmar Dutch Star and would like to remove the existing analog TV and replace with LED flatscreen in the front and rear.

How do you get access into cabinets to remove the TV?

Really appreciate any help and suggestions.

poppi175,

Welcome to the forum.

First get 4 friends and a fork lift. make sure the friends are strong because the TV is VERY heavy.

This is a generalization. (A friend to help is really needed.)

Most RV Analog TV's have a frame around the TV. There are wooden buttons that conceal the screws. Pop off the button carefully cause you may want to reuse them. Remove the screws and the frame should come off. Now on mine there was a board at the bottom of the TV secured by screws and a bracket on the top of the TV securing the TV to the top of the cabinet. Be sure you have help holding the TV when you remove both the board at the bottom and the screw holding the bracket to the cabinet. You will then slowly slide the TV out of the cabinet and while holding the monster remove the cables and power cord. At this point you should have the TV out of the cabinet.

This should apply to both TVs, however the rear may not be at a slant like the front nor a large and heavy as the front.

Save your frames as you might need to use them as filler above and below your new TVs.

Good luck,

Herman

Newmar hides the screws, access to them is through the cabinets on each side of the TV. Once the screws are removed the frame will come out. You may have one or two clips holding down the TV which will need to be removed. Odds are the new flat screen will not fit the opening.

Good luck Frank

Frank,

When I changed out our old TV for a Flat Panel I had to search hard to find the right size. We were able to find a 32" Vizio that was just the right width.

At the same time I cut back the TV box 7". (no more head knocking) I used the frame to make a filler for the space at top of the TV.

I would add pictures but haven't tried to yet and don't know how. I know, I can rebuilt a TV cabinet but not post a picture, go figure.

Herman

I have a 2005 Dutchstar diesel pusher. I replaced the living area TV above the dash and the bedroom TV with nice LEDs. You will get a larger TV screen than you had before in that space but it won't be a perfect fit. Also some of the TV control buttons were on the side of the TV screen. I had a local cabinet maker build the frame and he cut out a space on the frame so I can access the buttons. He matched the frame perfectly with the rest of the woodwork. It looks like it came from the factory. Cost was $300. The new TVs really dress up the coach. By the way, the cost of both TVs was $500 total 2 years ago.

Larry T., Minnesota

I replaced our front with an LED smart TV, I trimmed off the cabinet with wood from Home Depot after I stained it to match the interior.

I have to agree with Herman, watch out those old TVs are heavy, ours sheared off the mounting bolts driving up I-81 from TN, good thing the trim was strong enough to hold it from falling out.