Many parks have people that come around quite often and offer to wash, and often wax, your coach. In our area, washing and drying the coach, including the roof is about $80. A full wash and hand wax is about $250, depending on size.

Otherwise, get out your ladder and wash glove and start scrubbing.

Like medico said but I use a scrub brush of microfiber I have one on a handle and a hand one. Just do a small area and rinse before moving on. For example I do an area like from the front on the left to the front of the slide as one area. Start at the top and work down on the area you are working on.

If you need to practice my coach got really dirty coming north from the valley last Tuesday in the melting snow and slush.

Bill

A scrub brush on an extension pole may eliminate the need for a ladder. For drying, throw a towel over the end of the scrub brush and use the extension pole for drying. To get around awning covers, the ladder is still very handy. A mild car wash soap won't remove the wax as readily as dish soap will.

Thanks for the microfiber on gel coat tip. I did not know that.

You are welcome. It is a recommendation from Newmar motorhomes. You can find more info on it in many forums. The man I bought my coach from told me.

For full timers, this is a constant challenge. Since we didn't have a home, we had to wash in parks where we stayed.

Many parks don't permit washing but they will allow a bucket wash. When we are on the road I use a bucket, sponge and shammy to wash away the worst dirt. For the whole coach wash I use a long handled brush with hose attached, roof and sides. I've never used a commercial wash. I did visit a school car wash one time, after FMCA in Hutchinson, KS in 2002. We were pulled out of the mud. I had the kids wash the wheels and tires! They got a real kick out of tackling the muddy mess of the motor home! Not the usual charity car wash fare. :lol:

On our way to and from and while in Alaska we found that many parks had wash facilities. Some were pay, others were "free," obviously included in the park fee. A few would allow washing on the campsite. The trip through Canada to Alaska was a very dirty trip to say the least. The year we went we were on wet roads frequently and washing was necessary most times we moved from one location to another.

Here you go. Use the lambswool. Never, never, never, never, use a brush of any kind. Never. It will leave microscopic scratches and "swirls" over time. I use Johnsons' Baby Shampoo. About 1/3 bottle per 4 gallons water. Usually takes nearly one whole bottle. Never use any kind of dishwashing liquid. Did I say Never use a brush?

http://swobbit.com/shop/

Don

We bought our coach in 2003. It has over 130,000 miles of road experience. I wash with a brush. I sometimes use a microfiber pad and a detailing solution to remove dust and rain spots. Is the finish perfect? Pretty close to it. I'm a lot more concerned about the chips from rocks and scratches from trees and the cracked 3M coating. Our coach is used, well used. It's been all over the US and Canada and its still running strong. It isn't a museum piece, it's my biggest toy and I like to play with my toys.

I believe Tom and Louise have it right. I am new to this RVing lifestyle and sought to find places to wash the coach like I wash my car. After a couple of years I realized the coach really doesn't get dirty--at least not the kind of dirt that requires a car wash-like response (at 45 feet I don't drive unpaved back-roads nor dirt roads). What I have found is that using a couple of micro fibre towels and a bottle of spray-on water-less wash products like "The Solution" or "Griot's Spray Wash"--and there are lots of waterless wash products on the market. I am a fanatic about keeping my toys shiny and I obsess over keeping a shiny coach. I frequently use waterless products and I wax my coach almost as often as I wax my cars--including the coach's roof-- at least 4-5 times a year--its become my mental relaxation activity and my gym for the physical exercise.

Keep It Shiny!

Bill,

I am not sure you really would wash your coach with a genital rain. To do it your way would not be approved by many locations.

How ever a nice GENTLE rain might be better. :D:lol::D:lol:

Herman

Herman,

See spell check did know what I was thinking. :rolleyes::o:lol::P

Rwill, you would think you had been driving muddy back roads if you had been with us coming back from Austin this last Tuesday.

The slushy wet roads left the coach looking well traveled. After the weather breaks it is going to need some serious cleaning.

Bill