chp007kd40

Auto Start Generator

Had a new 2800 magnum pure sine installed but they did not have time to install the auto start component.

Is it reliable enough to make it worth while to install?

Itasca Horizon DP 40ft. with 7.5 Onan, not an all electric coach.

I have the auto start on ours turned on and set. Our old coach did not have it and when we were boon docking I would run the generator once a day for a couple of hours to recharge the battery bank. Now I do not worry about it, it does it for me, if we are out for the day I do not have to worry about the battery bank getting to low.

Just a thought, I feel more comfortable knowing the coach is going to handle it on its own.

The question really boils down to how comfortable you are managing your electrical loads and how much you want "someone else" to do with it.

The only other issue, that particularly affects those who leave pets in coaches when boondocking in hot temperatures is that some have an autostart based on temperature.

I would like to know if an 06 Beaver Monterrey can start the gen when the power goes out and it can turn on the air at the same time and if not can you add it on.

Depending on your generator, yes, an auto genset start can be added. And, depending on your thermostat, yes demand for A/C or heat pump could be wired to start the generator.

FIVE. AGM is the next thing on my list. "Auto Start", when I'm traveling, but have to turn off in my storage garage!

Carl

I have auto start, but its not connected to my A/C units (I will have to look into that). Works great for battery maintenance especially with an all electric coach now.

Is there a way to test the auto start on my coach other then discharging the batteries to see if it will start when needed?

2002 Monaco Dynasty*************4 each 6 volt house batteries*********** 2000 watt Trace Modified Sine Wave Inverter.

Herman

On the Duotherm thermostat in our coach you scroll from Zone 1 to Zone 2 to AGS, then back to Zone 1.

Brett, when I scroll through I only have Zone 1, Zone 2. That is only a little cursor on the bottom blinking under either the 1 or 2 for my zones. Modes I only have HEAT, COOL and OFF

Herman, yes, but depending on your EMS system. We are equipped with a Trace Engineering RC7GS. I can scroll through a list of options, when I get to GEN Auto Start... batteries at XX% I set it for 90% and Auto off @ 95%. I have my Generator quiet time and start time with in 1 minute of each other. Since we do not boondock often If the generator is on there usually isn't a neighbor next to me so it can come on whenever the batteries call for it. Unplug the coach and turn your refrigerator on/TV on and watch TV in your driveway. I fell asleep and when the generator turned on I came up swinging :blink: . It took a few hours.