Sign in to follow this  
aboeck3

Sleepy Hollar, Jasper, AL

I am looking for some reviews of Sleepy Hollar Campground in Jasper, AL. I am planning of stopping there in early June. I am driving a 37' Class A with a toad. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

I live 40 minutes from there, and will venture there in the next few days and give a drive through review. Within 30 minutes of the same place there are two Army Corp parks, on the Warrior River, Deer Lick, and Burchfield Branch. They are a little secluded, as they are on the water, both are great places, if you are just looking in the area.

Kay

We are planning our next winter trip south so I checked them out. Not very good reviews. Not much "bang for the buck" in my opinion. Charge by the foot? Ridiculous! No amenities, park on grass, rough roads. Definitely better places around.

Have not been to Sleepy Hollar yet, but rv reviews don't look well for this site. It's about 7 miles east of Jasper proper, I still plan to look at it as soon as icy conditions cease in the area. But about 17 miles north of Jasper is Clear Creek, it is an

USFS park located on Smith lake, one of Alabama's prettiest lakes. Have been there and will go again.

Today I did venture to Sleepy Holler, sad to say that I was not impressed. The reviews that nitehawk stated are very true. Parking on grass and we have had some icy conditions this past week, so a lot of muddy camp sites, very close together. There were many campers there, it appears that many of the campers there must be permanent residents. Gravel roads throughout and not too well maintained. Also as stated the fee's are according to the length of the camper.

On a scale of 10, I would rate 5. I am surprised that GoodSam is recognized there.

The people were friendly, and that's about the best sign.

Hope that this helps,

Kay