ldlval

Entry Door of 2007 HR Ambassador

Our door hangs no certain time or position...have tried instructions given in motorhome book, but didn't solve problem.

Appreciate any tips.

Idval,

I have a 2008 H/R Ambassador and had a door problem. The door is designed to "float" due to highway travel and vibration. I found when I tried to enter the coach it was getting harder and harder to unlatch the door. I sprayed some silicone spray on the moving parts, closed the door, and could not open it again. We were lucky my wife was inside and could open the door for me. We still had two more days of camping so I removed the two bolts that latch the door and used the dead bolt to hold the door closed. Drove to Lazy Days in Tucson and had the door mechanism replaced. If this is your problem you may be able to do some adjustments but eventually the latch mechanism will need replacing.

Good luck and let us know how you solve your problem.

On my 2004 Monaco, my door was getting harder to open. Trying to fix it made things worse (couldn't open it at all). Fortunately, like you, my wife was inside. What I finally found that as the door hinge wears slightly (almost imperceptibly), the door presses down on the 2 latch pins in the left side door jam. Loosening those 2 latch pins and lowering them slightly fixed my problem (they’re adjustable). My door works great now.

Interesting, I have an HR 02 Imperial, and the door chirps when driving down the road depending on the position of the coach and condition of the road, which is very annoying, anyone have a fix?

Mine does it too. I don't know if it's the seals, screen or the hinges. Seems like once I go down the road awhile it squeaks itself out and is fine.

Ray, I am determined to figure it out, one I do I will let you know.

Does your door have a piece of plastic protruding out that looks like a wind deflector on the hinge side of the door? I am trying to figure out what it's called, mine broke over the winter (cover slapping it) and I need to either remove it or replace it. It looks like its mounted under the hidge and comes out on a 90 degree from the hinge.

I checked and mine don't have plastic on the hinges. Mine has a double seal all the way around on the outside and inside edges of the door frame for the door. Also it has a seal further in for the screen frame. I sprayed silicone on all the seals one time and it didn't help. Before I go out next time I'm going to try a brush on rubber lube that's used on window tracks. I also Deep Creep the door hinges. I guess we are both working on the problem.

My coach don't have that plastic on the front outside edge of door. Instead it has a rubber seal all around the outside edges. You can see it when the door is closed so I think that seal is for wind and rain. The door has triple weatherstripping all around so I get no wind noise but a squeak or light rattle on bumps.

Thanks Ray, I am going to call Monaco to see if it came this way or it was an aftermarket add on. The boss wants it replaced :) . I guess this time I will listen...or dig deeper. :D

Ok, I called Monaco...no longer available. It is a wind deflector. I think I will remove it and see if there is a difference in the wind noise. If it is a problem I wil have to engineer something. good thing I do not sit over there! :)

I looked at my coach door again and it has a weather seal on both the door and door frame edge. I recall that when I first brought the coach it had many water leaks. The door was one of them and they might of added the seals. When I get time I will see if I can get pictures.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and experience with the 2007 HR Ambassador coach entry door problem....We have been still trying to adjust

but works one day not the next..Guess this is a on going problem for Monaco and all of us.

Thanks again and Happy Travels to all.....Larry

Larry, seems like we all have the same or similar problems. maybe one of us will figure it out on here, keep checking in on this forum.

Thank you,

Joe

Ray, here is what Monaco is telling me to use in its place. Is this what you have on your coach?

Joe attachicon.gif12514531 Weatheerstrip.jpg

I have something similar to that on the most outer edge front door frame. It's also across the top most outer edge. On the most outer edges on the door itself is a weatherstripping that shape like a triangle. What on there does not stick out the edge at all.