Sign in to follow this  
manholt

Fine Metal Shaving Under Rug Of DS slide

I have metal shavings under rug, by fridge on my DS HWH slide!

Slide works as usual in and out, the affected area is 6" wide in center off slide out! About 3 table spoons worth.

Just noticed it.

Any ideas?

Carl,

You mentioned the shavings where under the rug.

Did you lift up the rug or did you just notice it was coming loose from the sub floor?

Wondering if it was left under the rug during construction? When the assembly was being fitted.

That is a lot of metal.

Rich.

Rich, lifted up what part of the rug that I could and it's concentrated by the sub floor. It's doing a job on my tile...6", then 4", then 1" 1/2 rest of way in. I'm going to clean it up, including tile & pull slide in then out & see what happens.

nighthawk. If it's super mouse, I will give it a forwarding address! LOL :lol::wacko:

Carl, after vacuuming, try a magnet on the area, if not aluminum, or stainless, it will pick up much that the vacuum leaves behind.

Kay

I'll get one in morning (not at house). When I lift carpet up all I see is a metal strip underneath for whole length of slide. Don't know the width but looks like aluminum!

Herman, like nighthawk, your both on the forwarding address! :wub:<_<

Carl, been catching up on the thread.

Kay made a good point about using a magnet. Should the material be aluminum and the way it is distributed / spread out and the concentration changes would make me think that there is something like a steel roller rubbing(Loss of an "E" clip that should hold it in place missing) on the rail or allowing the rail sections to rub each other.

Did the coach builder provide any load limit information for the slid out?

Rich.

Hi Rich.

No load limit available, will call AMC. On that slide is the sofa, fridge, stove, micro wave, a third off my pots/pans (rest is under bus right side), 3 cabinets with dry goods and paper file, 1 cabinet with spices and a slide out drawer with canned goods, the top is an extension for counter top. I can move the can goods to bedroom. Since I'm alone in coach, I have a lot of space in rear.

If the "clip" is missing, then I would think the roller would make noise when coach is in motion! Had that problem with last coach, clip was omitted at factory and made a loud rattling against tile. Until it was found and fixed, I would cram a towel between sub floor and tile.

Carl C.

Update: Whole sub floor is aluminum and rollers are silicone ( 6" w x 1 1.2" h ).! I can't get at it, but I think the center roller is not rolling! Sub floor is the same height all the way across tile and have no other drag marks!

I have no time for Decatur before FMCA Rally-- will try for appointment after rally. My coach will be in garage from 3/30 to 7/19!

Carl C.

I have a major problem with our 2012 Monaco Knight the large slide on the drivers side using the cable system.

The cables keep breaking-- 3 times since purchased.

Just got is fixed again and the slide is out of adjustment.

Anyone else having this problem and what are the solutions that you have found?

HELP HELP

We were in Coburg, OR last fall. There was a couple at the service center there having the same kind of problem you mention on a Knight. I don't know if it was exactly the same, I do know that they talked about the cable system being the problem. I'm certain that if you contact Monaco (877-466-6226) and can manage to get your coach to a factory service center they will resolve the problem.

I have a major problem with our 2012 Monaco Knight the large slide on the drivers side using the cable system.

The cables keep breaking-- 3 times since purchased.

Just got is fixed again and the slide is out of adjustment.

Anyone else having this problem and what are the solutions that you have found?

HELP HELP

dcharn,

When you contact Monaco, see if you can get the weight limit for your full slide out.

My personal thought, its a could be a weight issue!!

There is a tendency for owners to over load the bays.

I have to keep an eye on what we store there, from the information I have on one slide - the maximum load is 450lbs. and that includes what is in the inside storage space, that also moves out with the slide.

Question- do your storage pods / bays move out with the slide?

If not what is you total load of everything you place in the internal living area of the slide in question?

Slides are nice in regards to the added living space, but there is always a trade off - in regards to the weight one can store in a portion the coach that is going to move 18 to 24in. out from the main support.

Coach builders could increase the load limit, but then that would lower the CCC of the frame.

Then to get the CCC back up the entire frame and suspension system would have to increased. That would add to the total cost of any coach.

Around and around we go !!!

Rich.