Sign in to follow this  
Chickadee

Mountain View, Arkansas ... GREAT!

Question

G'morning ALL FMCA'rs:

So, here we are in Mtn. View, AR, and though we've only been here at Ozark RV Park a couple of nights so far (and we plan to stay a week and a half), we're finding it to be a WONDERFUL spot to visit. Mtn. View is located SE of Branson, MO and S. of Mountain Home, AR in the ol Ozark Mtn. range. Boy, if ya haven't visted here, we'd really recommend it.

We were a little concerned about traveling through the Ozark road system with our 45' MH towing our Honda since we pictured the routes as being tough to navigate, but, although they are somewhat narrow, with ups and downs and curves, we had no problem gettin here coming in on E & W running Hwy. #66 from the town of Leslie, AR which is located on N & S running Hwy. #65 to the West of Mtn. View. Just for information purposes, we were heading S. from S. Dakota and had a great drive down I-29 from Sioux Falls, SD to Kansas City (KC) taking the Hwy 435 city bypass around the NE corner of KC then on to I-70 East and overnighting E. of KC in a great little RV cmpgrnd. (Country Gardens) at Odessa, MO 31 miles E. of KC on I-70. Next a.m. we cont. E. on I-70 to S. running Hwy. #65 (Exit 78) and all the way South through Springfield, Branson, and to our turn onto Rt. #66 at Leslie, AR. It's ALL a great route FYI.

Anyway...this Ozark RV Park is RIGHT on the N. edge of town (walking dist. to quaint dwntwn shops, squares, parks, and numerous mtn. music venues, etc.) and RIGHT next door to the Ozark Folk Center State Park (music auditorium, craft center, restaurant, etc.). Haven't taken in a folk music show yet, but plan to attend a Jimmy Driftwood Memorial Show tomorrow night (he's a local historical folk music celeb. who also wrote the song; Battle of New Orleans). Park is VERY neat, clean and I think all are gravel sites, surrounded by grass, trees (well cut back for easy maneuvering of even big rigs) and...you can read the rest in your cmpgrnd. catalogs.

Will know more later after touring around more, but it sure is a great feeling spot. Can't wait to dive into some of the "authentic" mountain cusine :rolleyes::) . Bye for now.

Steve & Lynette

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet