rlbarkleyii

Location Of Diagnostic Port 02 Journey

HELP, HELP Bought a ScanGauge D to help monitor engine & Tranny. Can't find the front JPort (J1708) on my Journey 02.

I have checked with both Winny and Freightliner had them check by VIN. drawings, and they both said, "YES, IT'S IN THERE".

I have looked high and low under the dash and on firewall.

IF YOU HAVE FOUND YOURS, PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOU FOUND IT.

Gary is correct- The cover is about 1-1/2in. in diameter and for your model year freightliner chassis - it is to the left of the steering column.

Rich.

The cover on mine is white and was located on the left hand side of the steering column up against the left side of the coach. Of course, that doesn't mean that's where yours will be. I suspect it's tucked up under your dashboard near the firewall somewhere, but I have heard that some manufactures have tucked it in the wiring beneath the console where your shift buttons and air brake switch is housed.

Mine is on the left of the steering column and is gray. If it came loose from the dash you may have to do some acrobats to find it up under the dash.

I found mine at floor level, on the firewall, just to the left of the steering column. I had actually given up on finding it, and as I lay their in disgust, I spotted it in front of my nose.

It was in plain sight (with my head on the floor) but impossible to see from any other position. This was on a 2002 Journey DL 36LD. You may have better luck just putting your hand on the floor and feeling for it on the firewall.

Note, it probably has a gray, twist-off, dust-cap covering the actual connector.

I found mine at floor level, on the firewall, just to the left of the steering column. I had actually given up on finding it, and as I lay their in disgust, I spotted it in front of my nose.

It was in plain sight (with my head on the floor) but impossible to see from any other position. This was on a 2002 Journey DL 36LD. You may have better luck just putting your hand on the floor and feeling for it on the firewall.

Note, it probably has a gray, twist-off, dust-cap covering the actual connector.

Still haven't found mine yet. Is it attached to or sticking out of the firewall? Or was your's just laying near the firewall by the floor? I did find a cable that was marked "display data" but it had a different kind of terminal end, flat with six connectors.

I can't believe the factory doesn't seem to know where these things are. Must be wherever the assembler puts it from day to day. It must also mean that the dealers having these units in for diagnostic work do not ever road test the unit.

rlbarkleyii,

Look at this link -- The information and picture at the bottom of the information, should provide you with an idea of what to look for. The round 6 pin plug is common on all units until 2004, when the connection was replaced with a rectangular stile connection.

The coach builder connects the socket you need to any location that is available and no two models or different years will be located in the same place on many units.

Have you ever had a diagnostics system run on you coach? If you have, The service shop that had to fine it to run the engine diagnostics.

They should be able to point out where it is.

http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/6

Rich.

Thanks to all, without your help, i might have give up! I FOUND IT, three inches off the floor about six inches to the left of the steering wheel in a bracket. Don't know how i missed it at least ten times. THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :D