It is unfortunate that when one writes with words the reader cannot see the facial expressions that emit amusement.   When I remember I try to put an appropriate emoticon at the end.:ph34r: 

jj,  Welcome to the Forum!

What is BAC?  Would help to know what year, make and model coach you have!  Are you a FMCA member?

Carl

I was also on irv2. My wife and I recently purchased a new 2016 Tiffin Allegro 34PA. Being new to the Class A world I was all excited when I heard about that site. So I read some of the postings and registered. One night I was on a site posted a comment on how we bought our first Class A and how happy we are with our new purchase. Well I received a lot of welcoming posts from a lot of nice people. I showed my wife all the positive comments people were leaving. Some asked questions on how we liked our new coach. I answered how we really enjoyed it and how happy we were with the choice we made. We spent 3 years looking at all makes models sizes etc..and how we decided on the Tiffin Allegro. And then the negative posts started on how we should've went diesel vs gas and gone with the new 6 speed transmission vs the 5 speed and how the V-10's have some issues and how the Ford chassis rides and handles. So needless to say I am no longer on that site. Yes I understand you will have some people with their opinions and personal experiences but it seems to have turned into a Ford vs Chevy type postings. That is not what I was looking for I was just entering my information on their Class A site that's all. So that was my first and final post on irv2. I want to make friends not start a Class A war.:(

1 hour ago, Tiffinallegro1 said:

I was also on irv2. My wife and I recently purchased a new 2016 Tiffin Allegro 34PA. Being new to the Class A world I was all excited when I heard about that site. So I read some of the postings and registered. One night I was on a site posted a comment on how we bought our first Class A and how happy we are with our new purchase. Well I received a lot of welcoming posts from a lot of nice people. I showed my wife all the positive comments people were leaving. Some asked questions on how we liked our new coach. I answered how we really enjoyed it and how happy we were with the choice we made. We spent 3 years looking at all makes models sizes etc..and how we decided on the Tiffin Allegro. And then the negative posts started on how we should've went diesel vs gas and gone with the new 6 speed transmission vs the 5 speed and how the V-10's have some issues and how the Ford chassis rides and handles. So needless to say I am no longer on that site. Yes I understand you will have some people with their opinions and personal experiences but it seems to have turned into a Ford vs Chevy type postings. That is not what I was looking for I was just entering my information on their Class A site that's all. So that was my first and final post on irv2. I want to make friends not start a Class A war.:(

Welcome to the forum. Well hope this isn't your last post here.:o 

Where are you located? Add your location and coach info to your signature to help us when you ask questions later. The Tiffin Allegro is a nice coach. Have you been on any trips yet?

Bill

Tiffinalegro1,

Welcome to the Forum,.

You will not receive any snide remarks here but you may get some  good nature ribbing. Carl and I can attest to that. Any questions here will get you many varied and good answers. So ask away, we are here to help.

Herman 

I'll never get over iRV2 sanctioning me for asking them to simply enforce their own rules. Worse, if you look at my account five years later, the nasty reminder of that episode is preserved. Worse, even mentioning iRV2 moderator rulings is, in itself, an infraction. 

FMCA is a vastly superior group, albeit smaller.

I'll share a screenshot. Note that I am a Senior Member, with 928 postings. My lone blog entry: a link to FMCA:P

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 10.20.07 PM.png

3 hours ago, Tiffinallegro1 said:

Welcome to the more civil forum!  I believe you're going to enjoy your stay here better.  Hopefully, you'll be joining FMCA, if you aren't already a member, and take advantage of all it has to offer.  

Thank you all, We did join FMCA when we purchased our coach. We went to one of the rallies last summer and had a really good time. My wife and I have been camping for many years started out with a pop up and a few travel trailers as many of you probably have before moving up to a Class A. I have been reading a lot of good posts on FMCA. I do notice there are a few characters that do post quite often. I enjoy a good ribbing also look forward to it actually. I just felt that my simple post on irv2 turned into a Class A war on who's coach is better. My wife and I just want to enjoy ourselves and our coach and travel meet other people. I am sure I will encounter some problems here and there and look forward to any help all of you can give me. By the looks of it many of you have been living this lifestyle for quite a few years. I do have some mechanical background so it does help with owning a motorhome I'm sure. I know it is a house bouncing down the road and it will need some work and up keep as all mechanical things do. I'm just glad from what I've been reading here that I have a place to come for some good advice and possible solutions to any problems I may encounter. Thank you all in advance:D

I frequent about 15 rv forums. IRV2 was the only forum that I was put in time out for telling what I do and where I live. Really?? I'm 69 and sure don't need to be in bloody time out. Others can post there that I do flooring and even show my website- but I can't say anything .

tiffinallegro1, Welcome! I agree, there are some angry people on there with the mentality that their way is the ONLY correct way, I see it on Facebook also on the RV sites. What baffles me is how one could be so angry inside when this is your lifestyle or hobby. To each his own as far as I'm concerned. We all come from different parts of the country with different travel itinerary, budgets and idea's that often dictate what we purchase. None are right and none are wrong as far as I am concerned, its what works best for your situation.

Tiffinallegro1 good to see another newenglander on enjoy the new coach we wander up north a few times a year 

By by the way did somebody say Herman was getting sauced-- where's the party?? ?

16 minutes ago, jrock said:

Tiffinallegro1 good to see another newenglander on enjoy the new coach we wander up north a few times a year 

by by the way did somebody say Herman was getting sauced where's the party?? ?

Good point!! I'm on the east coast just south of you two, doesn't seem to be too many of us over here.

15 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Not toooo shur howes to restpond to these re macks Hic, Hic.  :ph34r::wub:

Harmen Herman 

:lol:

Everybody makes you feel welcome on here no matter what corner of the world you come from or what you camp in.

And always remember the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

On April 4, 2017 at 6:03 AM, Erniee said:

I frequent about 15 rv forums. IRV2 was the only forum that I was put in time out for telling what I do and where I live. Really?? I'm 69 and sure don't need to be in bloody time out. Others can post there that I do flooring and even show my website- but I can't say anything .

Howdy from down the street, in Pecan Plantation! 

I too was censored on iRV2 for reporting violations to their own rules regarding illegal political discussions. Worse, if you even discuss administrative actions themselves, that is considered a violation. Whenever I'm tempted to participate more vigorously at iRV2, I only need look at my Profile section, where record of those partisan snipes are archived.

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 11.25.37 PM.png

AndyShane, I feel your pain and know at my age there is no reason for IRV2 to correct me like a little kid.   I told one of the moderators there to delete all traces of me every visiting their forum.   

You have received an infraction at iRV2 Forums.

Reason: Commercial posts
-------
Hi ErnieWe've asked you on at least six occasions not to tout your business. This post was made twice today and there was another similar one last week.
Your expertise is appreciated by our members however our Community Rules ( as you know ) prohibit this. We hope you take this two week suspension to think about how you'll conduct yourself here upon your return.

Cliff
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
Professional floor replacement

Quote:
Weatherford, Tx - just west of Ft Worth is where we live

Had it been me.  I would probably be in time out forever, due to what I would tell the moderator, what to do with a 4"X4"! :o:lol: