Sign in to follow this  
aboeck3

Directv Genie

I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian with a factory installed HDMI 4x4 Matrix TV system. It is connected to a Winegard Trav'lr dish. The factory installed system either sucks or is not wired correctly. Have replaced the main unit (HDMI 4x4Matrix) once. Independent installer suggested switching to the Directv Genie system. Have any of you done this?

We recently changed our TV Receivers to the DirectTV Genie System in our house and it has performed flawlessly. You may have a bug In the factory installed Antenna system (wiring, antenna, receiver, etc) causing the problem. Seemingly, just changing your DirectTV Receiver to a Genie would not correct the situation. Do you have yet another Receiver available to replace the one currently installed in your RV? You may want to go there first to eliminate that possibility. Sorry we could not be more help.

Can you hook one receiver directly without the 4X4 Matrix in line and verify the satellite antenna system is working?

If it does, the Genie system may be a good alternative.

I also have the Genie system at home, and we love it.

In the process of going FT very shortly: We currently do not have the Genie and really not sure of all of its pros/cons.

In the RV we have been using just one HD unit. We have the Winegard SWM Slimline dish. I know Directv said they will upgrade me for free since I am way overdue, but not sure if we need it or now.

At the house we record very little of any and I usually foget to watch them anyway. They did tell me there is a few dollars more a month for the Genie whole house feature, even though in my case, we will probably just use one receiver.

Thoughts

Bob