dcharn

Monaco Slideout Issues

With all the problems of the slideouts, especially the Monaco Ambassador large slides using the cable systems ... I find nothing on any sites discussing the problems. Could someone be deleting the info?

I need help with my Monaco Knight slide -- please contact me at plchar@msn.com if you are having problems with yours.

dcharm,

No, here on the Forums, no posts are deleted unless they are advertising for specific product or services, or are inflammatory. Sometimes the moderator may move a post to a more appropriate forum category, but will not delete it. As we all know, there are no dumb questions about RVing.

Keep on reading. If someone has had a problem and there is a solution, you will find it here.

Herman

dcharn,

The Knight and Ambassador are essentially the same coach. I have a 2008 H/R Ambassador 40SKQ. The only slide that is cable operated is the small bedroom slide on the road side of the coach. The two large slides are electric gear operated on a rack.

It would be helpful if you would list your model number and year.

I have a 2012 Knight with the long cable operated slide. No problems with it and it works good. It would be very helpful if you would state exactly what problems you are referring to. Over the last 3 years I have herd of one person who had a cable break but nothing more.

I have a 2002 Monaco Dynasty. I brought the slideouts in to mow and rake leaves out from around the coach.

45 minutes later I went to open them again and none of them would do anything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated-- going after a anxiety pill now waiting for someones reply.

LOL

Thanks so much ahead for your thoughts.

db, by some chance do you have any bay doors open? My 02 Dynasty's slides will not operate if a compartment door under the slide is open. If you have opened a compartment go and reclose it, in fact open and close them all. Hope this might work.

Herman

I just purchased a slide relay control board for our coach. It handles the storage door, ignition switch, allows only one slide to operate at a time, etc. Ours was showing some corrosion and a tech suggested replacement. We had one incident this summer when a slide wouldn't work. I tried a bunch of things, eventually it worked, don't know what if anything I did made a difference. it could have been the control board. Ours is located in the main battery switch compartment in the right rear compartment - different model, different year so don't know where you would look.

Other than that, the battery condition, our slides are to be operated when plugged in or generator running to supply charge to batteries. If everything else works normally, that would eliminate things like a faulty main battery switch. Next on my list would be fuses. Maybe ignition switch is not in off position. After that, I'd call and talk to Monaco Support, 877-466-6226, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Pacific Time, M-F. Ever notice problems happen on weekends when everyone is closed?

Jim,

Are your slides Hydraulic, gear driven or cable? 

Hydraulic= possibly sticking valve

Gear Driven= possibly motors out of sync

Cable= possibly cables need adjusting

So a bit more information will help finding a solution.

Thanks,

Herman

I have a 2010 Holiday Rambler 38' Endeavor and one of the cables on the slide out on the curb side in the bedroom has broken at the fitting where the cable attaches to the back side of the slide out face. (see picture). How do I go about repairing this? I am very capable of handling most mechanical and electrical issues - been doing almost all of my vehicle repairs since I was a teenager (over 45 years).

Curbside-rear-front-cable-bottom.jpeg

Curbside-rear-front-cable-top_A1.jpg

First I would find the end of the cable and see if it is broken or just pulled out of the bracket. Who makes the  slide mechanism? Call them about a replacement cable and/or get instructions on how to route it and you probably can find someone to make a new one.

Bill

It appears that the cable retracted inside the coach. I will read up on the slide out mechanism, as I believe I have paperwork on them somewhere.... Thanks!

I looked up the information that came in the 'banker's box' and nothing regarding the cable driven slideout on the curbside slideout in the bedroom.

The motor driven slideout on the roadside of the bedroom is a Lipport system, and I believe that the one I am seeking information on is likely from them too, but nothing to confirm.

There appears to be a crown molding covering the motor and rigging above the slideout on the top, but I don't know how it comes off. It appears that there is basically a baseboard type trim piece covering a larger trim piece that I suspect is removable with bolts / screws that will expose the motor and cable assemblies.

Has anyone on this forum had to dive into this type of assembly and share their experience?

Here is a picture of the trim piece above the curbside slideout:

bedroom-curbside-slideout-01-21-2021.jpg