Sign in to follow this  
ultraglide

Who Has Better Roadside Assistance

I have Good Sam right now. Had an issue and was told by Good Sam that they would pay for the repair person to show up, but it would be $85 an hour from the time they got here till they got back home. This also did not cover parts. One of the reasons for having Good Sam is that my Winnebago does not have a spare nor a place to store one. I know that Good Sam used to bring one out. Really need to find something better.

Agreed UltraGlide.

I recently reviewed GoodSam terms and also found out that fixing a flat on a Motorhome could become costly. Not exactly what I anticipated when purchasing "ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE". I think most Diesel Pushers don't carry spares??

I too need to consider alternate coverage for our Monaco Camelot.

UltraGlide, I have had GS road assistance and the one time I used it, there was no charge for the service to pick up a new tire, remover the damaged one and install the new tire. The service was timely considering it was on a Sunday and the tow truck operator was very efficient. No hr. fee was charged. So things may have changed over the years.

I did have to cover the cost of the tire.

The second time I needed a tow and used AAA+RV to have the coach towed in the Houston, Tx. area. The entire cost was picked up by AAA. The dispatch person sent the proper driver and equipment to properly connect the coach, disconnect and remove the drive shaft and supply compressed air to the coach.

Again the service was properly done with a very informative drive, who took the coach via a Rt. to reduce any possibility of damage.

Rich.

I went to AAA+RV two years ago because it looked better than GS, have not used them yet, but two times with GS, I was very disappointed. First time shame on you, second time shame on me.

I didn't wait for the third strike.

4/20/2015

We were at a GS rally in ALABAMA and had to be winched out. I called COACH NET roadside and in 1-1/2 hours tow truck arrived and in 1/2 hour I was on the pavement. Driver then tells me I had to pay $250.00 for his round trip travel of 47 miles. I understood any time over 2 hours was mine but, my complaint was that GS DOES NOT charge for travel and only time over a limit on the job. My complaint fell on deaf ears at COACH NET customer service. We are no longer a member of COACH NET but, instead have GS ROAD SIDE.

RICH

2004 40' HOLIDAY RAMBLER IMPERIAL

Good morning, I have had Coach-Net for the past 6yrs. I have had to use them 4 times once for a battery jump and three times for a tow, one of which was on a flat-bed 60 miles back to Rocky Mountain Cummins in Salt Lake City for a starter problem.

I have never been charged for any of this and the service has been great. Just my two cents

Smokeater75.

2003 Monaco Windsor 41ft. Cummins 8.8

Are any of you familiar with Allied Insurance through FMCA? We're looking at their coverage (compared to GS) and it looks good but want to see if anyone else has used them.

I have good Sam's and have had mixed experiences. One time good one time terrible. These two issues were only a day apart.

It's really hit or miss with them.

With the potential cost of one tow I am trying a few services this year since I am new to motor homes.