clarinetone

Passenger Side Seat Removal: Ford E-450

My wife complains of not having enough leg room in the passenger seat area so I want to replace the seat adjuster and replace it with a longer one on my motor home.

Chassis 2007 Ford E-450 Super Duty.

How do I remove the seat to get at the tracks?

Clarinetone,

The best way I have found is locate the electrical connector under the seat, disconnect it (it is your seat belt chime). There are 4 studs in the floor with 18mm nuts that are holding the seat base to the cab floor, remove the nuts and remove the seat from the cab. Once you flip it over you will see the bolts that secures the seat to the base. Once you remove those four, remove the base and the seat track is staring at you. Just be sure whatever you do to make sure you have adequate room behind the seat to allow for the additional travel.

The Ford cab has always had this problem. If you ever have the opportunity to see one before the body is installed the seats in their rear most position go beyond the rear wall. The Class C we traded last year had this same issue and my legs would cramp on long trips. Ours was a Coachmen and there was no additional room behind the seats, so I had to live with it.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Joe