dgoettsche

Brakes Monaco Holiday Rambler 2005 Scepter

Help!!

Just paid $3500 for rotors and pads and now they are telling me that the calipers are bad.

They are saying it will take 3 months to rebuild them.

Apparently Class Action law suit on Bendix brake system and no one is making parts available.

If anyone can give me direction on what my next step is I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Don

Feel free to e-mail me at don@aaarestoration.org

Don,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Was not aware of a big issue/class action suit with the Bendix brakes. Could you provide us a link?

I have a friend with a 02 Knight that has the Bendix disc brake system that have been giving him trouble since 02 and now he thinks he has found a fix. He is flushing the brake fluid each year. He says that the piston material that was used for the Bendix piston will absorb moisture and will stick under hard braking.

According to him he has not had another piston to stick since he rebuilt them a few yrs ago and flushes the total system every year. He uses a bleed kit he got from Harbor Freight for around $30.

Walt

Walt,

A very common issue with the Bosch hydraulic disk brakes (phenolic pistons absorbing moisture and expanding until they seize in the caliper bore)-- resulted in their major recall.

Don,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Was not aware of an issue with the Bendix brakes. Could you provide us a link?

Brett the early Monaco Knights and HR along with the Workhorse chassis had the Bendix system that was a nightmare, you could be going down the road and have to get on the brakes hard or medium hard and one or more of the calipers would not release and in some cases causing it to get hot enough to ruin everything.

My son in law had a 02 Monaco La Pamila on a workhorse chassis coming from the West Bank over the greater New Orleans bridge when one piston stuck they smelt something burning and had to stop on the off ramp on the N O side the piston was stuck and it almost caught on fire, this happened a few more times until he sold the coach 07 .

Walt

Walt,

A very common issue with the Bosch hydraulic disk brakes (phenolic pistons absorbing moisture and expanding until they seize in the caliper bore)-- resulted in their major recall.

Sorry Brett it was the Bosch system and still no fix that I have heard.

Walt