We are going on a 4-month trip from Florida to Maine, Vermont, New York, Canada, Montana, South Dakota, etc. We would like to start a blog to record our daily activities and photos so our families and friends can follow along our trip.

Which is the best web site to go to blog? Are there any good free ones?

Any suggestions will help because we have never done anything like this before. In fact, I probably don't know what the questions are that I should be asking.

Thanks, Al

Welcome to the forum and welcome to bogging. Just click the blogs up above or forum and blogs on drop down tab. Many here will be happy to read what you have to share.

My wife used travelpod.com to record our 20 month journey across the US and western Canada - It is FREE and easy to use according to her - best way to record your journey and share with relatives and friends -- check it out !!

As Ray indicates, we can always use bloggers on this site. I've been blogging here and my family and friends follow even though they are not members.

I just set up a blog for our trip to Alaska this spring. I used Blogger.com. It's free and easy. There are others that can make your blog really snazzy, but this one is easy enough for this old dinosaur to use. :)

I have been checking out various blog sites, but haven't selected one yet. I was looking at a Geeks on Tour video yesterday and the lady recommended one that I found interesting. It is called hitchitch.com. This one has a really nice format and looks like it will be easy to setup and post to.

Another one I found interesting is travelpod.com. This one has a feature I haven't seen on any of the other sites. You can order a copy of your blog bound into a book. I am sure there is a charge associated with this and so far I have not investigated this feature. I do think it is a neat idea though.

Anyway, these are just a couple that I have been checking out. Enjoy.

Jack

Now if you are starting out as a blogger, and you are a member here, why go to any other site? You would have to design and build your site most likely while FMCA.com already has that in place including photo hosting. If I have one complaint it is that Blogs does not have its own button on the navigation bar at the top of the home page. I think the pull-down causes some people to create a blog by accident when they wanted to post in these forums.

I designed my own photo-blog site (am I now a photoblogger? or is that phoblogger?) www.myrandomviews.com after learning how to write something (that someone would like to read), post pictures (that someone would like to see) here for six years. My new site was a lot of work to put together before I could even post my first word or image.

In other words...blogging at FMCA.com is a great place to get your creative feet wet.