pattexaco

100% Increase- Blue Sky Insurance

Good morning,

Our insurance has increased 100% for the next 12 months through Blue Sky.

Would appreciate comments/suggestions from members on companies that you are successful with.

Thanks in advance for your time.

We have AAA after switching from GEICO. Both were good companies but I wanted AAA's roadside assistance for my autos until my Good Sam roadside assistance runs out. I will then look at FMCA's roadside assistance program.

Did you have any unusual claims? Tickets? Hard to understand the increase as I also have Blue Sky and experienced a minor increase in premiums - in the range from 5-10 % if my memory serves me right --

Did you inquire as to why the dramatic increase in premiums ? Did you request additional or increased coverage ??

Did you have any unusual claims? Tickets? Hard to understand the increase as I also have Blue Sky and experienced a minor increase in premiums - in the range from 5-10 % if my memory serves me right --

Did you inquire as to why the dramatic increase in premiums ? Did you request additional or increased coverage ??

No claims, no tickets and no change in coverage. BUT, it is my third year with them. Have read where some folks had up to 175% increase. How long have you had coverage with them?

Sometimes the locale will cause rates to increase, because of high payouts in an affected area. Not always accidents by you, but flooding, hail damage, and other happenings in that area.

I've used them for 2 + years - actually sat across the table from their agent in Tuscon AZ 2 winters ago and discussed my coverage and what changes were necessary to lower my premiums -

Did they offer any explanation as to why the dramatic increase ??

I just got a renewal rate with a 100% increase as well and it's with Good Sam!! Called and was told its due to a state rate adjustment. Totally does not compute that it could double the premium! Now trying to decide who to go with... Guess it won't be Blue Sky

Wow. I now feel better. We have Geico. We are registered in South Dakota and got a 17% increase this last renewal (about 4 months ago), and when I called I was told that all South Dakota got that increase from them. But I must say when I went price shopping, they were still the best for comparable coverage. That includes FMCA.

Don't know your situation but you might give them a try.

Just a curious note. When I went with Blue Sky they asked for my age. What age bracket are you in.

Do you think that was a factor as well???

I have Blue Sky and am due to pay another year in November. Guess I'll take a wait and see attitude...as for age? Did not get that question, but it can go up 150% and I'll still be ahead! :):wub:

Dumped Blue Sky ....I was with Blue Sky for less than two years. They just doubled my rate from 1750 to 3400 a year for a 2007 Newmar Essex ... So I'm done with them... I had a minor door damage claim and they took an extremely long time to settle the claim and were as inefficient as they could be. Then doubled my rate... There should be a law against insurance companies gouging

Many companies have been hiking their rates I'm told... why... because they can.. the insurance company can charge whatever they want... what ever the market will bear and the law will allow... the law allows whatever the insurance companies want because of the giant insurance lobby in Washington... catch 22 ... yes and we are in the middle...

I have called Nation Wide and got a much more reasonable offer from them... 2250.

Dumped Blue Sky ....I was with Blue Sky for less than two years. They just doubled my rate from 1750 to 3400 a year for a 2007 Newmar Essex ... So I'm done with them... I had a minor door damage claim and they took an extremely long time to settle the claim and were as inefficient as they could be. Then doubled my rate... There should be a law against insurance companies gouging

Many companies have been hiking their rates I'm told... why... because they can.. the insurance company can charge whatever they want... what ever the market will bear and the law will allow... the law allows whatever the insurance companies want because of the giant insurance lobby in Washington... catch 22 ... yes and we are in the middle...

I have called Nation Wide and got a much more reasonable offer from them... 2250.

Not to defend them, but insurance carriers(companies) are for profit ventures. They are trying to make a buck, sometimes it appears not fairly. Something to look for is the difference in coverage, limits, deductibles, terms and conditions. It is very difficult, the only company to provide me a sample policy was Progressive. I don't insure with them but at least they complied with my request after a lot of arm twisting. Liability limits are important. You have an accident in a Prevost, do you think the guy you hit sees dollar signs?

I think any of us that get a big insurance increase take it very personally but we are just a number among many numbers on their computer and when they make adjustments based on what they're seeing in their data we just get swept up with everybody else.

If the computer is seeing 25 foot fifth wheels towed by Brand X pickups driven by 45 year olds are having a significant increase in claims they will just make an adjustment to everybody in that group and you get hit. It can be that random and dumb to us I supposed but to the insurance company they are seeing actual data and they act on it.

I suppose you could say the purpose of insurance should be to spread the risk among all of us but that's probably for another very lengthy posting.

Progressive just raised my rate by 30 percent, When I inquired as to why, the correspondent told me because of claims in my area. I have never had a claim. I have a 2012 Winn 32k that is stored Nov. to March, inside. With my rate increase I’m still under a grand, so maybe that’s in line?

I'm still under a grand

Is that full coverage of both comprehensive, collision per year?  Or just Liability per year?  I'm at $3,600 per year with Progressive! 

Texas Farm Bureau, three vehicles including MH, Full coverage on all three, with $200.00/500.00 deductible all for just over $2,200.00 per year. We also have the Farm covered with them also on a seperate policy. Didn't go up a penny from last year. Just got the renewable this week. ;)

Checked progressive at the end of November and they were $3,100.00 just for the MH. :o

Sorry Progressive. 

Herman

Manholt,

Not full timer coverage but: comp, 250 deductible both comp and collision, full purchase price replacement,etc. I do have all my insurance will them, homes, cars, boat. 

Carl, if you can change your permanent address to Burnet county from Galveston county, I bet your rates will take a significant drop. When we moved from Montgomery county to to Comal country our vehicle insurance and our Medicare supplement premium both went down.