We're doing comparisons of all the RV insurance plans available and wonder which is the best. Do any of you have recommendations? Who do you use?

That's good to know. But now Allied Ins is thru FMCA - which is the one we're really looking into. We currently have GMAC Ins thru Good Sam and are finding that it doesn't seem to have as much coverage as Allied.

Have you been happy with Allied?

Allied has a vanishing deductible which can save money and help if you ever have a claim . I've haven't had any claims but so far I like them . We had GMAC Ins and had **** trying to get them to repair my coach when I did have a claim. They doubled my premium when it came time to renew . Never use them again .

Michael

Good Sam just doubled my premium... Says due to state rate adj... Sounds like BS to me! Would like to contact Allied.. Can anyone share contact info?

I have and like Blue Sky. You can find them via goggle. Low rates, vanishing deductible, great coverage including windshield. :)

Since they don't advertise, they can keep the rates low.

We have AAA for home, two auto's and our motorhome. They also offer roadside assistance. There are better roadside assistance programs out there but AAA insurance premiums were competitive with GEICO. Keep shopping I am sure you will find the right policy.

It's always good to compare insurance policies and to get an apples-to-apples quote. That's a reason why FMCA now has a multi-agency/multi-carrier consortium of insurance providers for motorhome, auto, and home. Through one inquiry, you can get a comparison with Allied, Blue Sky, GMAC, National Interstate, and Progressive.

More information about this benefit is in the FMCA Member Benefits Guide; or may be obtained through https://www.fmcarvinsurance.com/ or by calling 877-589-3599.

For all insurance I use USAA for well 30+ years now, as they don't write RV policies they sent me to

Insured By Foremost Insurance Group Manage My Policy 1-800-315-1122
Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CT
Sat-Sun, Closed

Although Foremost was $67 more a year, I will stay with USAA for the level of service they offer me.

We have Allied thru FMCA. We had Foremost which was really costly. USAA could not cover us because of our size at 42 Ft. They sent me to Progressive.

We carry Hartford Insurance on autos, home, and motorcoach. Have experienced two claims with them: 1 on auto and one on the motorcoach. Hartford has been great to work with. Also worth mentioning, Hartford provides an annual policy on auto, where most carriers provide a 6 month policy on automobiles--with a 6 month policy you end up paying 50% more versus an annual policy!

Just FYI good Sam is an insurance broker they solicit insurance through there network. I was quote one price through them, then I contacted my home and car insurance conthey we're a few hundred dollars less same. Same coverage same carrier National.

looking for an e tended warranty company any suggestions?

My current insurance is with Hartford.  My insurance is coming up for renewal so I received a quote from USAA for my home, 2 cars, and MH.  They were close on home and auto, but since they don't insure MH they use Progressive.  Progressive's price was $1,550 higher (no that's not a typo) than Hartford.  Hartford is hard to beat when you insure it all through AARP.

You don't have to go thru AARP to get Hartford.  Yes, almost any carrier would like you to "bundle".  I don't.  USAA still has my Jeep and 2 houses, I don't insure my MC anymore cause I have an umbrella for it,  coach and everything else.  Coach is Progressive, liability, no comprehensive, that's under umbrella.

I've had Hartford and paid the same amount as my best friend does via AARP!

I have EVERY thing that roles on wheels and floats in water Insured through The Hartford. My home is a different story however, I am too young for AARP but the rates are still super competitive.

I do not like the claims adjusters as they lie a lot and getting a straight answer then they may have to pay is a problem however,  the threat of a lawyer and to leave usually gets you in touch with someone that knows what they are talking about. 

Geico here.  We blew a rear tire several years ago, Everything behind the tire came off from the tire back to the rear cap and up to the base of the frame bed.  It took the radiator cover but didn't touch the side radiator.  The claim was about $10,000.  We met the adjuster at the repair shop with estimate in hand. He looked at the estimate and the coach and handed the repair shop a check.  I gave them my deductible and parts were ordered that day. 

Just replaced my second windshield with them.  Rates have gone up a little with those claims but still reasonable.

We have always loved geckos!

We had GMAC through FMCA for many years ago.  We moved to Texas and they fouled up the transfer so bad that I finally dropped them.  I'd had a few claims with them and they were always good about paying claims and rates were pretty good then but the administration side of the company isn't too smart.  I talked to some of the sales staff at an FMCA Convention and gave them the scoop on the problems I had.  They were nice, don't know if they could or did pass on the nature of their failure or if it has been resolved.  Basically the tech people running the internet part of the business were incompetent.  Couple that with administration (customer service) people who fell down on the job.  I can't imagine ever going back to them.