:rolleyes: Since buying our 07 Winnebago Sightseer on the Ford F-53 chassis, I've been perplexed by one odd thing. The GCVWR is 26,000 and the GVWR is 20,500 thats a difference of 5,500lbs. The motorhome comes equiped with a class III hitch rated at 5000. This leaves 500 lbs of towing capability in limbo land.

I'd like to be able to tow my 07 Chevy Silverado 4wd, but it weighs in at about 5100lbs. I've weighed the loaded motorhome and can hardly imagine getting within 500lbs of the GVWR, but I can't bring myself to testing the hitch past the rating. Has anyone else dealt with this, and where can you find a hitch and someone to install it??

:rolleyes: Since buying our 07 Winnebago Sightseer on the Ford F-53 chassis, I've been perplexed by one odd thing. The GCVWR is 26,000 and the GVWR is 20,500 thats a difference of 5,500lbs. The motorhome comes equipped with a class III hitch rated at 5000. This leaves 500 lbs of towing capability in limbo land.

I'd like to be able to tow my 07 Chevy Silverado 4wd, but it weighs in at about 5100lbs. I've weighed the loaded motorhome and can hardly imagine getting within 500lbs of the GVWR, but I can't bring myself to testing the hitch past the rating. Has anyone else dealt with this, and where can you find a hitch and someone to install it??

Short answer is that the "weakest link" dictates capacity. It could be the hitch, frame or frame extension, rear axle, brakes, transmission, etc.

Winnebago and Ford would both need to be consulted to verify capacity/determine what if anything can be modified to increase it to fit your needs.

Again, WEAKEST LINK DICTATES.

Brett Wolfe