Sign in to follow this  
tcmwhite

Air Dryer Keeps Purging

I have a 2009 Winnebago. My air dryer keeps blowing off air only while I am driving. It blows off for a few seconds and then stops and starts again in another few seconds.

I replaced the purge valve, air dryer filter, governor and supply line from the governor to the air dryer. I know my unloader valve in the compressor works cause I can hear it cycling and notice the air changes.

Is there something I am missing?

Thoughts????

tmcwhite,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

First question: Does coach air pressure cycle that rapidly between CUT-IN and CUT-OUT PSI? If so, look for a large air leak (i.e. the dryer is doing it's job-- purging at the end of each compressor-run cycle).

As Brett said. There is a leak somewhere. Often the air dryer IS the culprit. When the compressor cycles off, the dryer purges. A tight system can go quite a while between purges. Get out the soap sprayer if you can"t nail it down quickly. Retired trucker familiar with the problem. Byron

As Brett said. There is a leak somewhere. Often the air dryer IS the culprit. When the compressor cycles off, the dryer purges. A tight system can go quite a while between purges. Get out the soap sprayer if you can"t nail it down quickly. Retired trucker familiar with the problem. Byron

I second this. Any update?