Sign in to follow this  
RWDMLD18

Installing RoadMaster Brake Assist 9700

I have installed the Roadmaster 9700 wiring harness in my 2006 GM Canyon. I have also installed the wire harness for the LED Light and warning horn in my 1999 Sea Breeze. The 9700 installation directions state to install a wire to the cold side of the brake light switch in the truck to complete the circuit. Where is this switch in the 2006 Canyon? Which wire would be the cold side? Is the cold the neutral?

When I needed a wiring diagram for my Chevrolet Trailblazer I went to my Chevrolet dealer and they copied the page I needed from their technical manual. I would expect the brake light switch to be under the dash attached to the brake pedal assembly but I guess it could be somewhere else. If you don't find it there, go to your GM dealer. The cold side would be the side that has no power until the switch is activated by pressing the pedal. With a switch there really isn't a neutral, the cold side of the switch becomes hot when the switch is activated by pressing the pedal. Use a multimeter to check for cold side of the switch.