Sign in to follow this  
floridaroom5

Moab To Wahweap RV, Lake Powell

Question

4 answers to this question

I wish that I could help, but I can only say for sure that US191 is good road , I have been on it in a tractor trailer several times over the years. I don't think that I would have been welcome on the "Scenic Routes" heading to Lake Powell. When you are done there, are you heading into South Western Colorado? Lot's to see there.

While there are many possibilities the normal route would be south on US191 to US160 (or US163 through Monument Valley to US160). and west on US160 to 98, then follow 98 to Page and US89 to the entrance of Glen Canyon NP and Wahweap. All good roads.

I would recommend US163 through Monument Valley. Have been on this route several times, and were at Page earlier this year. If you have time I would recommend you stop at Valley of the Gods, dirt road entrance at 37°14'6.29"N 109°48'51.70"W and Goose Necks State Park just a few miles south. Dispersed camping in the valley and rustic camping at the state park (which now charges a fee). Valley of the Gods could also be a day trip from Goose Necks.

It will be hot, but while at Page, I would also recommend a stop at Lees Ferry, There is a Forest Service camp above the river, and a short walk to the former ranch (see signs on the road) which is really worth while. Fruit orchard there which may be ready to pick about now. All Grand Canyon river rafting trips leave from here.