Sign in to follow this  
lmsooter

Class A Gas Pusher

My brother-in-law is interested in a gas pusher. He and his wife do not like the "hump" in a front engine gas model. I know that gas pushers have been produced by several manufacturers over the years but I really do not know anything about them.

Anyone out there familiar with gas pushers or have recommendations?

Those will be on the Workhorse UFO chassis. Most owner reports are very positive.

An Internet search for "Workhorse UFO chassis" brings up a number of hits.

Thanks for the response Brett. My knowledge of gas pushers is absolutely zero.

Gas pushers got a bad reputation several decades ago-- with several manufacturers using the OREG chassis (Oshkosh Rear Engine Gas). Those issues do not seem to be of import for the new generation UFO chassis.

Here is a link to information on a mid 1980's gas coach on Oskhosh OREG chassis-- would not recommend one:

http://www.beamalarm.com/foretravel-links/models/1986_foretravel_3400-3600_oreg_specifications.html

Not necessarily bad. They did get some bad press. I would have tried one if it had been available when we bought our Georgie Boy Cruise Air II in '88. Setting just a few feet away from a 4 barrel carb on a 460 was deafening. Sure did run good though.

They are pretty rare, though. Not many gas UFO's were produced and sales were never good. Workhorse offered it in both gas and diesel, but the availability of the gas version was delayed and the few buyers opted for a Cummins diesel anyway. The Winnebago Destination and its Itasca Latitude sister were probably the most widely produced, but as I recall Gulfstream made a few, Tiffin made a concept model for an RV show but I don't recall it ever coming to market.