BForo

Allison MD3060 Transmission Warning Signal

Each time I engage transmission button on my 1999 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom a beeping warning signal alarms. Don't have low transmission fluid or leaking fluids. Operating and Maintenance Manuals do not indicate a audible signal should sound (only a dash light if problem occurs). I suspect either a plugged breather or transmission filters need changing (they are due). If this is the problem I can change filters and fluids easy enough but have no idea how to access the breather ( can't see it or feel it on top of transmission). Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

bforo,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Have you checked for Allison diagnostic codes?

With ignition on, engine OFF:

Hit the up and down arrows on the Allison shift pad at the same time. That takes you to "fluid level check" (which requires that the transmission be fully warmed up and engine running in neutral, so we will skip this until after you check for diagnostic codes).

Hit the up and down arrows a 2nd time. This takes you to diagnostic codes. It will show d-1 and then a two digit code. If no codes it will show d-1, - -.

If there is a d-1, after copying it down push the mode button to go to d-2. Continue until you get a d-?, - -.

To exit, just push "D" or simply turn off the key.

You can get the diagnostic codes from your Allison owners manual or on Allison's website.

Already tried the diagnostic codes with no results (no hits). Just can't figure out why an alarm would turn on without any indication it could in any of my manuals.

If you indeed got d-1, - - when you checked, the other thing is to check fluid level after the transmission is fully warmed. But, from your first post, it sounds like you have used the shift pad to check and fluid level is OK.

When the alarm sounds, is there anything unusual about the shift pad-- like when you hit D, it flashes rather than going into Drive?

Park brake switch?

Mine gave me fits with nothing but alarms when the switch started failing on me. No error codes.

Every time I tried to shift, level the coach, almost anything to do with driver controls the alarm went off.

A new park brake switch solved the problem for me.

I went down the same path as corkey just last winter. Don't you love that there is always something to fix on your coach?

Transmission was fully warmed. The alarm goes off when I press D on the shift pad and the transmission shifts into Drive without any flashing on the pad. Shifting into neutral shuts off the beeping warning signal. Can drive the motorhome but would go crazy with the beeping if I had to go any distance.

Parking Brake switch. Had mine do that a little over a month ago. On my Camelot I found a relay labeled Parking Brake Alarm. I simply removed it until the new switch came in and that shut up the alarm. Changing the switch took about 10 minutes and fixed everything.

Parking Brake switch. Had mine do that a little over a month ago. On my Camelot I found a relay labeled Parking Brake Alarm. I simply removed it until the new switch came in and that shut up the alarm. Changing the switch took about 10 minutes and fixed everything.

BennieH, funny you mentioned this. I had the alarm activate when I hit a bump one trip a few months back, when I stepped on the brake it went out. I thought it was strange and it hasnt happened since.

Where was your switch located?

Thanks

It is attached to the Parking Brake Air Switch button under the console. It has a fitting that screws into to Park switch.

I just bought a 1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor diesel pusher. I am getting the same beeping as described above. I have also removed the the air brake switch h that is next to the electronic drive control. I did not find an electrical switch attached to the air Intake air switch. I think I'm also getting a code when I press the up and down on the controller. It is reading, L--7. Any help would be very helpful,

Thanks

Steve

scheon5.  Welcome to the Forum.

If you post your coach info under your signature, like most off us do, then we can better help you.

If you don't have the Engine manual for your coach...call HR Tech Dept. with your engine number and they will be able to give you the info.

Carl

1 hour ago, scheon5 said:

I think I'm also getting a code when I press the up and down on the controller. It is reading, L--7. Any help would be very helpful,

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

No, L-7 just means the transmission fluid is not hot enough for it to do an accurate fluid level analysis.  To get to diagnostic codes, you need to push the up and down arrows at the same time AGAIN.

Let us know what you find.

Allison MP 3060 P transmission

Serial number for the Allison is #6510181318

P/N for what is probably for some type of transmission module P/N 29509886

Cummins engine ISB 275 REF # S01-25148-002

Engine # 56520793