rwitt

AC's Tripping Breakers

Must be telepathy! Hello rwitt!

A few years ago my go-to for repair work was Iron Horse RV in San Antonio. They did a replacement for a friends air conditioner last fall and really botched the job so I can't say I would recommend them. Perhaps they have learned to read directions or just have enough experience with the new units to get it right. Our friend was in the same situation and his replacement doesn't come close to matching the originals in appearance. The difference in wiring is what caused the problem with Iron Horse RV. It was an easy fix but they had to travel from Edinburg back to San Antonio ($$$ and time) to get it fixed.

There is also Texas RV Supply in San Antonio. I've stopped there on the way south and had work done, They have a perfect record with me so far...

I've been taking my Monaco to Bert Ogden RV Center in Mission when I need work done in the RGV. They have done several jobs for me and do satisfactory work. They are located at 1400 E Expressway 83, (956) 585-4444. You will have to work your way through the Bert Ogden switchboard (persons, not recordings my last experience).

A possible answer to your problem would be to look to the salvage industry for quick replacments. There are RV salvage yards all over the US. Many will ship to your location. You could probably find used units that match (model, not necessarily color) the original ones. The link above will take you to a website that has a composite listing of sites.

We'll be back in the RGV in late October.

Try calling Texas Custom Coach, 10498 TX-16, Pipe Creek, TX 78063, texascustomcoach.com, (830) 510-4224

They are just outside San Antonio on TX-16 going to Bandera. We toured them when we were in town for a rally. Very impressive work. They do all kinds of custom and repair work.

Bill

Hi Bill.

I used them in 2012 on my Allegro Bus, I did a dumb thing. Was leaving a rally at Lake Medina and forgot to unhook, didn't hurt the

Park stuff, but did a job on my elect cord and water hose. I had no clue until I got to Hwy and got all kinds off phone calls!!! Duh. :angry:

TCC had me for about 4 hours and they replaced my hose on reel and new 50A cable on reel. I had lost about half of each! :wub:

They do a lot of Prevost's and Liberty coaches there, when you roil by, you would think of it as just another small town garage! I'm

at Sky Line Ranch RV park once a year, and always stop by now. :)

Carl

Thanks Tom & Bill. I'll start checking places out once I get to the valley next week