bigred1cav

4 Corner Weighing

I'm in Columbus, Ohio and would like to get 4 corner weighing of our MH. Flying J has told me they can not do a 4 corner weigh. It seems nobody in Columbus or Central, Ohio is capable of a four corner weigh.

I am unable to go to most FMCA major Rallies and that seems the only place to get the weight distribution weight calculated.

Please advise me where in Central, Ohio to take our bus to be weighed at all 4 corners?

Thanks

Until you can get the corners weighed, knowing your axle weights are useful in setting your tire pressure. As you know you have to use the heavier weight on a axle to set all tires on that axle.

Bill

bigred1cav,

Check with your local DPS and or Sheriffs Office. They have Weights and Measurer Officers. You might get either or both to agree to weigh your unit possibly as a training session for officers.

Herman

It's not hard to DIY on the type of commercial scale usually found at sand & grave yards, moving van companies, etc. They are typically flat (flush with the ground) and have enough room to drive one wheel at a time onto the scale to get a weight.

Truck stop scales are often raised and are designed to give separate axle weights in one pass, so mostly difficult to use for corner weigts.

Check with Escapees also. They usually have tham at their rallies. The RV safety organization is good advice. They have roving people that visit other rallies and do weighing. Good luck.

I agree that rallies are good places to get individual wheel weights but a couple rallies I have attended did not offer the service.  Oregon has weigh stations all over the place that you can DIY weighing but probably just axle weights.

A couple questions:

Why don't RV dealers offer the service?  Could be a revenue producer.  Maybe they don't want people to know their net carrying capacity (NCC) is too small for some of dealer products or that their customers are overloading their vehicles.

Where can one purchase a scale to weigh individual wheels on their RV?

Bob

Bob,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

We can certainly speculate on why most dealers do not have the scales, but probably won't do us much good.

These are the same portable scales used by most states DOT's and are several thousand dollars each (need 2).