Sign in to follow this  
dphorton

Towing a 2007 Nissan Altima on a Tow Dolly

I need to tow a 2007 Nisan Altima to My Daughter who live in Las Vegas on a Acme Easy Tow Dolly. The Altima has a Keyless Key Fob to start the Engine. Does anyone know how to make sure the Steering Wheel stays unlocked so the car can be towed since there isn't really an OFF position? Thank you in advance for answering.

How far is the need for the tow? The key fob has a key inserted in it, the key can be removed and inserted into a key switch located under the dash for emergencies such as a dead battery. Not sure yet if it will unlock the steering wheel, my son in law will test that tonight for you, daughter is on third Nissan Altima with the keyless start.

Also, you might want to check Uhaul or other tow rental places, they have dollies that swivel for a fee.

Would be glad to trade my tow dolly for yours. LOL, Kay

Well son in law was not successful with the key in the key slot for unlocking. Sorry for the bad news, and the present one is 2014 model anyway. I don't know how far the travel is so can't tell how much the rent is, although I checked online and the per day rate is about 45.00 plus tax, if not too far, too long to stay, local would not be too bad. Maybe have a loved one or friend drive it there, and ride back with you. Good luck in any circumstance.

Thanks for the info. I think I can just leave it set to accessory and all should be fine. Will have to start it every so often though. Will check with the Nissan Dealer and see what he says