rhart

Dinette Out-- Desk In. Anyone Do This?

I'm thinking of removing the table and ONE SEAT from the dinette to put in a desk and real desk chair.

Has anyone done this? I don't want to nuke any electrical or plumbing.

Any other issues I might run into?

Thanks
Rick

Check under the benches for plumbing, ducting, and electrical, if none, simply start by removing the items that you want to remove.

If there is any or all of these items, then you need to address this and either reroute the working items, or plan to build, or have built as DD69 suggested.

I used the same space with two chairs facing the wall with a fold down table attached to the wall that we use as a table, or desk, then if the space is needed for extra bedding, an air mattress can be placed there.

Yes I have done this in a previous motorhome.

Considering you are basicially removing, other than what kaypsmith said you should be good.

I did the opposite, I removed the 2 chairs and the buffet/hutch and installed a booth. The only two concerns I had was the Hydro heat exchangers and fans, and when I mounted the booth what was underneath the floor that I could possibility drill into.

I made a box for both heat exchangers from the left over wood from the hutch I had removed, remounted those, removed the basement ceiling and pulled all of the wires, air lines, fuel lines aside drilled, bolted and put all of that back, reinstalled the ceiling.

good luck with your project

Thanks for input folks. Kaysmith gave me an idea for different orientation of the desk.