msgtnobody

Power Gear Leveling Problem

My powergear system powers on but pump motor doesnt start. I tried following the trouble shooting guide from powergear. confused with connect 12vdc to motor side of solenoid. which spot is motor side??? You have red power, black ground and the blue wire on the solenoid. Where do I test with 12vdc??? There is 12v power going to solenoid but how do you test it. I know from experience with cars you just use screwdriver and touch both posts. Dont want to mess anything up by doing that. Pictures would help.

magtnobody,

The blue wire is the one that supplies power from the control panel / board. Is there 12 volts present on the blue wire when pressing the button on the panel? No power - then check for defective connection(s) or blown fuse.

With 12 volts always present at one side of the solenoid, coming from the battery bank.

One can use a jumper cable to jump across the large cable terminal lugs - Note ! Connect the cable to the side with no 12 volts, then you can just tap the hot terminal.

Did the pump Run ?

Running pump means bad solenoid / coil if 12 volts is present when jack panel button is present.

Rich.

The pump didn't work. It must be a bad motor?? I tried everything in Powergear trouble shoot guide.

I even disconnected all wires cleaned all rust off and still nothing even gave it a couple of love taps ha ha.

I got the new motor and installed it. Would you know it still didn't work. Did the trouble shoot guide and came back bad solenoid. The levels worked when I jumped solenoid. My new question is the power jack part number for the new solenoid is #500310 . When you see it, it only shows 3 terminals. my current solenoid(bad) has 4 terminals. Anybody know what type it is. I cant see any numbers on it.

sesjk1.jpg

294p2tc.jpg

This a generality about solenoids-- I have no specific information on that particular one:

If only one small terminal, it will be the signal terminal and be triggered by 12 VDC positive.

If two small terminals, one is like that above, the other is GROUND.

On the single small terminal models, the solenoid ground is through its physical connection to metal/ground.

If that is the case with the one you are working with, and it has a ground terminal, just run ground wire from the negative terminal to any ground location, such as the mounting bolt for the motor.

I am new Rv'er and have a 2016 Bounder. I have spot at my land to park and will be building a cover for it this winter. I was wondering what the thoughts are on keeping the levelers down while parked long term as if it is even needed or advisable?

Yes, put them down and leave them down, that's what they are for. Plus, it.takes weight off the tires.

Yes, put them down and leave them down, that's what they are for. Plus, it.takes weight off the tires.

Neither the chassis manufacturer (Freightliner) or leveler manufacturer recommends storing for extended period of time with the jacks in the down position. Remember, there is the possibility the hydraulic jacks will leak down.

Possibly your chassis manufacturer and/or leveler manufacturer recommends differently.

Jim. Hi.

The only time my jacks leaked down (after 3 months in storage ), I had a small puddle and a loss fitting! That was HWH. Now have Power Gear levelers and air...no problems, had coach on levelers from April 3 to July 21, this year.

Have a great day!

Carl

You will see opinions on both sides of this issue.

Personally, we have always (3 coaches, 15 years) with the jacks down. Zero problems.

Congratulations on your Eagle...nice coach! :)

Happy Labor Day Weekend.

Carl

Thanks...now if I can only figure out how to change the picture. :unsure:

So now, the Eagle is the coach of all coaches?

Personally, just once in my life, while I'm still young, I would like to afford a high end coach, like Prevost, Liberty, Monarch or Newell...just to see if all the "hype" is for real ! Got to win lottery! :rolleyes:

I'm still working on downloading my picture to this forum... :(

Carl

So now, the Eagle is the coach of all coaches?

Personally, just once in my life, while I'm still young, I would like to afford a high end coach, like Prevost, Liberty, Monarch or Newell...just to see if all the "hype" is for real ! Got to win lottery! :rolleyes:

I'm still working on downloading my picture to this forum... :(

Carl

Carl,

If you get a Prevost my DW will leave me and ride with you.

However, I asked her one day if she knew what the difference is between a Prevost and our "Citrus." She asked what and I said, "How much it costs in repairs." Go figure.

We have Kwikee jacks (on the MH) and we have had problems since 2011 and still ongoing. They are owned by PowerGear. Someone once told me that the majority of jack systems out there are all made by Lippert. I wonder if that is true.

We have friends with an older Newell. No doubt fine coaches, but too much glitz and glitter and sparkle for me.