chanke

Airbag Leaking When Sitting

chanke,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please tell us what chassis you have.

Is this a front or rear air bag that is leaking down?

How long does it take to leak down?

Do you have air leveling? Jacks?

The chassis is a Roadmaster. The driver front side airbag goes down overnight but works fine when driving. Yes, we have air leveling. Yes, we have jacks. Sure hope you can help tell us what to do. Thank you for your questions!! We appreciate your time and effort on our behalf.

Roadmaster made a wide variety of chassis. Is yours the 8 outboard air bag suspension? 4 inboard air bag suspension?

What series Monaco Corp product is it and what model year?

Jameson13,

Yes, if you have air leveling, most systems have a 12 VDC compressor.

If it runs for more than a couple of minutes every hour, you have a problem. Could be the compressor, could be the small auxiliary air dryer on it or an air line. Could also be a stuck relay or pressure switch controlling the compressor.

I would start by locating the compressor (since it is loud, should be easy). Use soapy water and a toothbrush (never your own) to check for leaks.

Jameson13,

I do not have a Dynasty but mine is located near the Primary air tank, which is the front tank behind the front axle, the compressor is on the drivers side of that, I can see it while laying under the coach.

Be sure to use jack stands when you crawl under your coach just incase something happens and it settles down.

Not to hijack the thread but I have a 2005 Fleetwood Discovery, 35M on a Freightliner chassis with a leaking driver's side airbag. Once underneath the coach, I found a small pinhole in the airbag causing a loss of air when the coach is powered down. Are there any temporary fixes for this as I am using the coach this weekend and will not have time to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

henchmaniii,

Might need a Ouija board to answer that.

Depends on the size of the hole, whether it will spread/rupture, etc.

If (yes, big if) the air compressor can keep up with the leak (at present and if it grows) you are "free to move about the country".

But, there is also the possibility that you will be on the side of the road with a ruptured bag and air leak so substantial that your air brakes lock up.

Thanks for the response. The hole is about the size of a pinhole, (maybe a bit bigger). I just noticed it this morning when getting the motorhome out of storage.The airbag airs but loses air when the coach is shut off, (obviously)!!! Based on that, do you think I'm safe to run it this weekend? I'm not going too far, maybe 60 miles rountrip...

I found a crack in my 4 in 1 dash gauge with oil press, eng temp, and two air tank gauges. Crack is where air line connects to gauge and is hissing air causing suspension to go down rapidly. Anyone know where I can find a gauge like this? 08 Winnebago Destination pusher. Part number on gauge is W22-00013-016.

I found a crack in my 4 in 1 dash gauge with oil press, eng temp, and two air tank gauges. Crack is where air line connects to gauge and is hissing air causing suspension to go down rapidly. Anyone know where I can find a gauge like this? 08 Winnebago Destination pusher. Part number on gauge is W22-00013-016.

Bbpeyton, try www.nwrvsupply.com. You can view their inventory on line, pricing is good.

Bbpeyton. Had the same problem on a 07' Tour-- the leak came from a cracked fitting behind gauge, it's plastic! I replaced the whole unit with an after market gauge with ss fitting!

chanke. As Brett said, we need a tad more info.

Carl

Carl, Would you mind revealing who you got the aftermarket gauge from, and how much it was. Freightliner told me to order one from a Freightliner dealer. Would like to find one for less.

A dealer ordered the gauge, 8 years and 2 coaches ago, don't remember name...it was not cheap! Freightliner is plastic, or was!

I have a 2013 Dynamax Isata 3 with air ride suspension. Have had compressor, lines, height arms, rubber grommet, and still leaking. Could it be bags the self?  Ramona.   Would like response quickly for other ideas. 

F413022,

What chassis do you have? 

Is this an "air over" or 100% air suspension?

Over what period of time does it leak down?

Have 07 Monaco Dynasty with valid air leveling system (no jacks) and entire passenger side deflates 4 or so inches within 15 to 20 minutes.  Not able to find any leaks.  In the travel mode the bags hold level without any loss.  Any thoughts on where to look or what I should try to eliminate first?

Possible that a ride height valve is leaking at a given position, will check good at any other position, or when parked is borderline at releasing in the parked position. While traveling the compressor will keep up with any smaller leaks anyway.

20monaco,

Is this an HWH air leveling system?  If so, have you checked for leaks at the "6 packs". 

With proper safety stands in place and a spray bottle of soap solution, you should be able to identify that size leak pretty easily.

All I can tell you is power gear trueline leveling system is on  touchpad.  I don't have jacks all airbags.  

Yes, I need to get safety stands to hold it up and start at the manifolds and trace the lines and couplings.