rlbarkleyii

A&E OneStep1 Motor Assembly, HELP, HELP!

Have OEM A&E OneStop1 POWER awning mounted on Winny Journey 2002. Recently the motor apparently died, fortunately in the retracted position.

Went to two different RV service centers that both told me no replacement parts (motor) were available. Called the Dometic Customer Svc desk, they verified no parts available. (Dometic bought out A&E, probably to put them out of business)

Can the motor be simply slide out of tube when rivets are removed without unwinding spring on other side?

Need to find a A&E oneStep1 motor.

Has anyone ever tried to repair one of these motors? Anyone rebuild them?

Any info on how others have repaired their units would be appreciated.

Give this fellow a call.

RV Awnings

641 Gillette Ave.

Temple Terrace, FL 33617

813-956-6827

David Jones

David has parts new and used for many RV awnings.

I also found Awning parts New from PPL in Houston, TX 800-755-4775.

I found obsolete parts for my discontinued Carefree awning from both places.

Herman

Thanks for the info Herman. I will check with these guys Monday.

Still need info on how to replace motor and how to deal with springs!

Or any info anyone would have on rebuilding A&E onestep1 awning motors!

Thanks for info

rlbarkleyii,

You might look around for a small size motor repair shop or Google it and see what pops up and if it is located in your are or in a location you visit.

The trick would be to keep the awning locked or secured in place while the motor is repaired or a replacement motor located. Then also getting the required information on the proper process for removing and replacing the part(s).

Rich.

rlbarkleyii,

You might look around for a small size motor repair shop or Google it and see what pops up and if it is located in your are or in a location you visit.

The trick would be to keep the awning locked or secured in place while the motor is repaired or a replacement motor located. Then also getting the required information on the proper process for removing and replacing the part(s).

Rich.

I was thinking the same, one on every corner around these parts

Try this web page http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=one+step+a%26e+awning+otor&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=one+step+a%26e+awning+motor&_sacat=0

It is an ebay page with several A&E motors listed. I have the repair manual downloaded in pdf and will try to pm that to you. It has complete instructions for replacement.

Kay

Thanks to All, I researched all options and finally decided to have a new WeatherPro awning installed by Campers World. My past dealings with them have not been terrific, but they were the low bidder by $500, so I let them do it. They did a satisfactory job, although they did take a shortcut that would change my overall performance rating from 5 to 3!