rlbarkleyii

Converting Power Awning From Onestep To Carefree Motor

Carefree won't let you do it yourself...it will have to be an RV tech (or dealer) approved by them. They are very hard to deal with.

If your going to the FMCA 92nd family reunion rally in Madison, WI contact Shade Pro as they will be one of the vendors. They are the greatest and get the job done. For me they replaced 2 slide awnings, tighten another and added a drop screen at the end of the big awning.

Sorry to hijack the topic, but its awning related. My slide toppers are Carefree, although I am not sure of the model I think they are Omega II's (based off of the photos on the Carefree website). Anyway I need the arm lock tool so I can fully extend them so they also cover the side windows without using a ladder.

Anyone know where I can purchase this tool or should I not full extend these (design flaws etc.)? I do not have the gear type lock on the roller, just the locks on the tubes and pull straps with pull strap eyelets on the slide to hold the awnings out.

From the manual it looks like a standard awning "cane" is all I should need but the pole locks have a square protruding out that looks like some sort of tool with a female hole would lock over it to either push up to release or pull down to lock.

Anyone have these on their coach that could provide me with some operating instructions based off of experience? I was concerned if I use the standard awning cane it will slip off and scratch the coach.

Thanks.

J. Are you talking about a patio awning? I have toppers on my slides, but never heard of one that also extends to cover a window! If it's Patio, it sounds like a A&E 8500.

Carl

Had Camping Worls in Byron GA remove old awning and install a new Weather Pro 18' power awning with metal weather shield. Did a good job, best price installed in the area. Completed job in three hours, cost $1800.00 including tax, and labor