rhart

Newbie Question On Where To Get Water

In addition to campgrounds and truck stops where are some other places to fill water tank.

We plan to do a good bit of boondocking so it is more important than for most campgrounders.

Thank you

A lot of small towns have a water station, usually around by the fire station. Definite word is "small", less than 1,000.

I've only been in the business of hunting water one time and it surprised me how difficult it could be. We usually try to stay in an RV park occasionally when boondocking and that takes care of the water and sewer situation as well as giving the batteries a good overnight charge. If you don't stay in an RV park, you could use one as a dump station and ask to fill your water tank there also. I've seen many RV parks that operate their dump station commercially and they might be willing to let you hook up to a spigot in the campground for a water fill if it isn't available at the dump station. RV Dealers might also be a source. I don't know about Camping World but many independent dealers might be willing to let you fill up for a fee.

Another option that could be explored would be to see if a community has a water truck delivery. I know that there are many communities that have someone with a truck that hauls potable water to remote locations. You could have it delivered or meet them when you are traveling from one place to the next. It would be a small quantity in their terms and likely be costly. The cost might make the campground stay a lot more inviting.

When we dry camped with our gasser years ago I often asked to fill with water where we bought gas. Usually was not turned down.

When we dry camped with our gasser years ago I often asked to fill with water where we bought gas. Usually was not turned down.

Same here. When we were low I would ask, never turned down.

One time we stayed at a campground in Texas and the pipes were frozen at the site, I pulled up to the laundry facility, ran the hose through the window and hooked to where the washer was connected to just to fill up.

Yea, right about now you are thinking...... who let this guy on this website :)