fredhgross

Full Black Tank-- LED On Even After Tank Dumped

2013 Tiffin 40' Phaeton with Dometic MasterFlush elect. toilet.

Our coach has two toilets. The master has a Dometic Elec toilet with macerator. The system is designed to stop the flush cycle when the tank (b/w) is full. When the tank is completely full the wall mounted LED lights to tell you it's full. When the tank is dumped the full tank light should go out.

As of two days ago when the tank is dumped the light will not go out. The dealer tells me that there may t/p covering the in/tank gage. Now after using gage cleaner, filling, dumping, rinsing five times the light still has not gone out. I have also used an angled spray tool attached to a water hose. Still no help.

Does anyone have any other solutions that I can try.

Fred F434694

You have done more than enough. If there was something clinging to the sensor your efforts should have fixed it. Perhaps an electrical problem? Will the toilet with the macerator operate or does the sensor shut it down?

I had that problem once and drained the tank, then filled to almost full with water and poured in a bag of ice cubes, then took it out for a ride on a rough road,,, or you can preform this just before leaving a campground and put the ice in the tank and drive home.. usually the ice cubes will slosh around and clean up the residue..

Fred if it continues look at Horst miracle probes, I had this problem with my old coach, installed these and it fixed my problems, they were easy to install and cheap.

Good luck

Got the same system. Turned out to be a blown fuse. The wrong size fuse was installed, it's 15 amp for marine and 20 amp for RV. Changed to a 20 and no problems for a year now! I also dump at 3/4 full.

Carl