Sign in to follow this  
Chuck57

Towing 2014 Ford F-150 4x4

Chuck,

Welcome to the Forum.

Several Questions, Is your truck equipped with the four wheel neutral Switch? If not your Ford dealer can install one.

You will also need to select a towing package, Blue Ox, Roadmaster or one of your choice.

As for braking I am partial to the M&G Engineering Unit in Athens, Texas.

Didn't ask, is your coach Gas or diesel?

Will need to wire the truck for lights, I prefer to use the diodes.

Herman

Herman he doesn't need a neutral switch with the 2014 4X4 F150. We just have to go through a process that is explained in the owners manual real simple but I printed it out and had it laminated because it is more than one step and I don't remember as I once did.

Chuck I use Roadmaster Brakemaster because of ease of transferring from toad to toad and it is a proportional brake system. I also use a tail, brake and signal light strip attached with 3M body tape to the bottom of my tail gate for toad lights, I plug to the truck trailer plug when not towing and to the coach lights when towing, cost under $30 on Ebay. Its a good toad easy to set up and get in the tow mode.

I agree with Herman if you are going to keep the truck as a toad for a long time the M&G toad brake system in my opinion is the best out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-LED-Chip-Rear-Turn-Signal-Strip-Red-Tailgate-light-For-Chevy-Pickup-Truck-/261538991690?hash=item3ce4f04e4a&vxp=mtr