john_harris

Dometic Rooftop Won't Start

13,000 BTUH Dometic Rooftop units has worked fine thru last trip in June. While stored and connected to 50 amp service, I turned on control panel to cool down MH while I did some interior maintenance, nothing happened.

Checked breaker for unit and fuse for control panel. Rear unit comes on fine after normal delay but front does not. I can detect slight sound of relay click after normal delay after turning control panel to on but still no fan, compressor,etc.

Have appointment at local RV Center in a week but would like to investigate all do it yourself possibilities. Any thing to check into?

Are both zones set up the same, are you sure you are getting 50 amps. Try starting the generator to be sure the shore power is not the problem as the Intellitec may be doing power management.

Is sensor on front wall OK.

There can be many reason besides the unit itself.

Our rear a/c has to have the fan control switch moved from auto to run. The unit then comes on and cools just fine. Both thermostats are identical and digital. I am guessing our problem is thermostat.

HuffyPuff was on right track.

Turned out that I had lost L2 leg on the 50 amp service. Corrected that and problem solved. :)

Both units running fine and blowing cold. saved me trip to RV Center.

Glad to hear you got it solved. I think I will pop the cover on the ATS and tighten all the screws just to be sure all is good on my coach.