Lindajo

1999 Trek Safari Captain Chairs

I am new to the group. We just purchased a 1999 TREK SAFARI. 26 foot Motorhome. It was in real good shape, but we are having to do a few things to get it in tip top shape. My husband is very handy, so he is doing a lot of things based on common sense. The one thing that we cannot figure out has to do with the Captain Driving Chair. The armrests will not come down. The passenger side arm rests come down, but the driver sides feel frozen in place. We have pulled the leather covering back, and we see no way to access the metal parts to see if there is something we can tweak to allow the arm rests to come down. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I would like to thank anyone in advance for taking the time to post a response.

Gary and Jo Poindexter

Alaskan through and through...

Gary is Born and raised, 65 years Alaskan...

Jo is Born Montana, raised Alaskan 57 years...

1999 TREK Safari 26 foot...

Joined but not received membership yet to the TREK club

Jo & Gary,

Welcome to the Forum. Is it both arms? You may be able to access the arm hardware through the bottom of the seat back. Some of the FlexSteel seats have the seat back cover held together at the bottom with velcro. There may be a nut holding the arm that over the years has tighten to the point is freezing the arm in place.

Let us know what you find.

Herman

Thank you Herman we will try that. It is both arms on the driver side of the rig. My husband will inspect that today and we will let you know it is back to work for me today...

Gary and Jo Poindexter

Joined but not received membership yet to the TREK club

Newbie,

Try asking your question over at "Trek Tracks"

http://www.nwtfc.com/forum/login.asp?rand=241968&target=default.asp

You'll first need to register (it's free) with them first but all they talk about is Treks and I'm sure you'll get knowledgeable answers to your questions about Treks there.

I've got a 2004 Trek 31SBD and love it but it's a lot different than yours so I'll refrain from trying to answer your question.

FMCA has a Safari International Chapter you may want to look into joining also.

Newbie,

Try asking your question over at "Trek Tracks"

http://www.nwtfc.com/forum/login.asp?rand=241968&target=default.asp

You'll first need to register (it's free) with them first but all they talk about is Treks and I'm sure you'll get knowledgeable answers to your questions about Treks there.

I've got a 2004 Trek 31SBD and love it but it's a lot different than yours so I'll refrain from trying to answer your question.

FMCA has a Safari International Chapter you may want to look into joining also.

As I stated I am a pending member at Trek Tracks and cannot post as of yet.

Newbie, The moderators at Trek Tracks aren't the most helpful I've ever run across. Instead of givning you a link or direction to previously posted infromation, they'll tell you it's there somewhere and you'll need to go hunt for it somewhere in the labryth of catagories they've created. I guess they aren't doing their job of accepting member requests in a timely manner either. Overall, the userbase is very helpful and friendly though and it's a great source of information - if you can find it on your own. The way it's setup, you won't be notified of any responses to your calls for help, you'll need to login and check if anyone has offered any help.

Newbie, The moderators at Trek Tracks aren't the most helpful I've ever run across. Instead of givning you a link or direction to previously posted infromation, they'll tell you it's there somewhere and you'll need to go hunt for it somewhere in the labryth of catagories they've created. I guess they aren't doing their job of accepting member requests in a timely manner either. Overall, the userbase is very helpful and friendly though and it's a great source of information - if you can find it on your own. The way it's setup, you won't be notified of any responses to your calls for help, you'll need to login and check if anyone has offered any help.

Thanks, we will check it out as soon as they approve us, we had to send the check via snail mail so we are waiting for our approval as we have other questions to ask too, and best I am sure asked to others with TREKS.

Gary and Jo Poindexter

Joined but not received membership yet to the TREK club "Pending Membership"

GAry/Jo,

Becoming a member of "Trek Talks" forum is free and that's where you find answers to all your Trek questions no matter the year it was built. All you need do is request: which means accepting their "User Agreement" and filling out the form that follows then click the SUBMIT button. Use this link:

http://www.nwtfc.com/forum/register.asp?rand=2553652&sectionid=2

There is a membership fee for the Safari International Chapter of FMCA and maybe that's where you sent money.

Give the link a try.

Don

GAry/Jo,

Becoming a member of "Trek Talks" forum is free and that's where you find answers to all your Trek questions no matter the year it was built. All you need do is request: which means accepting their "User Agreement" and filling out the form that follows then click the SUBMIT button. Use this link:

http://www.nwtfc.com/forum/register.asp?rand=2553652&sectionid=2

There is a membership fee for the Safari International Chapter of FMCA and maybe that's where you sent money.

Give the link a try.

Don

Thanks Don, they make this so confusing, but not only did I get my membership back, but I am not signed up for trek tracks... thanks

Jo

Don't give up. Register using the link I provided. I can't remember if you get access right away but I think you do - if not the moderators will authorize your membership quickly.

Post your question in whatever area you find yourself and the moderators will move it if it's not right. I follow messages there using the "activev topics" button. You'll find lots of help there.

Don't give up. Register using the link I provided. I can't remember if you get access right away but I think you do - if not the moderators will authorize your membership quickly.

Post your question in whatever area you find yourself and the moderators will move it if it's not right. I follow messages there using the "activev topics" button. You'll find lots of help there.

Thanks I have it posted over there, have gotten responses, but only because we live in Alaska ha ha... but my husband will have it figured out on his own before I know it if we don't get an answer...

Jo

I saw your post just now on Trek Tracks and read the responses so far. Watch for some better ones soon but remember, their forum won't send you a notice when someone replys to your posts so you have to check back to find out what's going on - bookmark a link to their website to make it easy.