Joe.  Hydrogen Peroxide 3%.  I keep a spray bottle of it also, it takes the burn and prevents blistering from Fire Ant bites.  Also use it for mouth wash on occasion.  I'll put a half cup in to my cloths washer with or without clothing.  Many uses, spray on your windshield for bug (especially Love Bugs & small sugar bees) removal. :wub:

Carl

Where do you buy it by the gallon? 

By math I will need 2.5 gallons to clean my tank.

didnt know about the bug remover, thanks I will have to try that 

I get them by the qt. at Wall Mart, Grocery Store, Wallgreens...You don't need 2.5 gallons, empty half of your tank and pour in 2 qts.

Carl 

Ok, I will seek it out for the trip home half fill the tank with water and 2 quarts of HP and head south. Once I'm home I will empty it.

thanks guys!

joe

Joe, run it thru your plumbing with your water pump and fill your fresh water, then run again.  You don't need to let it "slosh" around.  Are you so far out in the woods that there is no market or pharmacy nearby ?

No, we are in Massachusetts in a pretty busy area. If that is all I have to do I will grab some. I believe there is a Walmart down the road.

do you use it in your black tank also?

For informational purposes related to the OP, there is a waterless p/s trap available now. This of course eliminates the slosh/siphon action. I have installed them in my coach and am well pleased with the results.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterless-RV-Sink-Trap-1-1-2-FAST-FREE-SAME-DAY-FREE-SHIPPING-/222138540281?hash=item33b87d20f9:g:h4oAAOSwVyRXT7tS&vxp=mtr

There are other sources. Also please note that it can be installed vertical or horizontal, making more room under the sink or vanity. The kit comes with reducers making it usable on 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 plumbing.