Sign in to follow this  

Just changed for new Michelin LT225/75R16, RADIAL X M+S :angry:

No more fun to drive!... The wind just pushes my 2004 Dodge Sprinter Leisure Travel from side to side. Kinda scary in higher gusts. :huh:

Needs constant steering correction! Tire pressure is OK. Was informed that the 2 plies were not sufficient for a 7000 pound rig.

Have you experienced this kind of feeling? Feels like driving on 4 large "marshmallows"... Maybe Mr. Michelin Bibendum has an answer.

Here's the info from the sidewalls.

LOAD RANGE "E", 115/112 R AT 80 PSI,

DOT83JH00YX,

2 POLYESTER, 1 POLYAMIDE AND 2 STEEL TREAD PLIES

2 POLYESTER SIDEWALL PLIES

:unsure: Unsure on how to solve the issue

:rolleyes: Thanks for participating

You say tire pressure is "OK". I assume you mean you know the load on the tires and have enough inflation to carry the load. What Cold Inflation Pressure do you use?

What are your actual loads for each corner or for each axle.

The 2 body plies is actually more than what many have in their LR-E LT type tires as in my experience 1 ply is used in many tires of this size.

How many miles on the tires? I would give them 500 mi to get all the mold lubricants off the surface.

What speeds are you talking about?

New tires with it taller thread always feel more loose to me. You may have normal condition but it won't hurt to get weight and go by manufacture tire and pressure chart. Go to Michelin web site for your tires. Believe it or not the pressure on my Michelin are lower than other brands as load range went from H to J.

Just a note regarding some sizes of Michelin tires!

I was in contact with them yesterday and it sounds like they will be available in Canada, early fall and no definite date as to when they will be available in the US.

Not what I wanted to hear!

Rich.