Sign in to follow this  
dkreuzen

Madison 2015 -- Big Disappointment

Compared to the last two rally's I went to (Gillette 2013, Redmond 2014) this rally had about half or less new RV's and other vendors.

Any idea why?

D,

Sorry your experiance was less then good. FMCA tries as best they can to provide Rallies in different areas to make it accessible to as many members as possible. Some areas are just not friendly to Coach Manufactures and outside vendors.

Please don't be discouraged, come to Perry next year. There will lots and lots of both coaches and vendors. The vendors there last time took three buildings for their displays and there were well over a hundred coaches on display.

So please don't get discouraged :( come again we will try to make your visit more enjoyable :):) .

Herman

Herman,

What specifically makes you imply that Madison and Wisconsin "...are just not friendly to Coach Manufactures and outside vendors."

Steve,

I can't comment on Wisconsin law (we are "foreigners" from Texas enjoying your wonderful summer temperatures), but can tell you that in many states, the vehicle dealers have successfully lobbied their state legislatures to pass laws making it very difficult/impossible for out of state dealers to sell vehicles within their state. Certainly that can have a negative effect on number of dealers/coaches at an event.

Hopefully someone familiar with this aspect of Wisconsin laws can comment.

Sorry Steve, my comment was "some areas".

As Brett said we are both from Texas and aren't familiar with every states commercial vendors laws. I felt Madison was a good Rally and the Rv'ers were well received by the community.

I had some of the Hottest Mexican food I have ever had and we got some of the sweetest Sweet Corn from a truck I have had in I don't know when. Hope we will be back in a few years.

Herman

Brett.

That is the first time I have heard, that such a law even exits in any state. Why then, would FMCA have a annual reunion in such an environment? Members and non-members travel from all over, at great expense, to see as many new coaches and vendors as possible, in one location.

As a member, I have 2 main reasons to be at a reunion, one is for the fellowship and the other is to be able to buy! As a National Director for SWG INTO, it's an obligation.

Sorry, but I'm not a believer in PC!

Steve, don't take it as a personal attack on your State or you!

Carl

Brett,

Did some research today and found that Wisconsin law specifically allows motorhome sales by out-of-state dealers once every four years at motorhome rallies. FMCA and many of its Wisconsin members lobbied for this exemption in 2007.

Thanks, Steve. That is indeed good news. Wish Texas would adopt something like that.

And, looking at what Dianne spent in Madison over the last 10 days, a VERY wise move economically for Wisconsin!