Sign in to follow this  
kingofmonaco

Hydraulic Filters

Need some help locating some hydraulic canister filters for a 2002 Monaco Windsor Roadmaster R3200 chasis manufactured in 2001 the type of filter listed in the manual is a Nelson 84101B or a Parker INHC 5710. I am located in Canada and I am having no luck sourcing these filters. They are located in the reservoir tank in the engine compartment and are 3 canister filters stacked on top of each other in a tank. Any info or cross reference # would be appreciated.

Sorry, I do not know the answer to that question. Have you confirmed that the Nelson filter is 25 micron, or is that from a manual?

A 10 micron filter provides better filtration, but will have a higher pressure drop across the element. If you are looking for a spin-on element there are 10 micron elements that are longer providing a larger element surface area which would then bring down the pressure drop. Obviously you would need the room for a longer element. I would think a call to ASV service would be the best option for you at this time to determine if a 10 micron element would be approved for this application.

I can't answer for you but I had rather have a 10 micron filter in my hyd system than a 25. You can use a Donaldson P550698 and it's a 22 micron and I think it would work OK for you at 3.98 out side Dia , 1.43 inner Dia , length 5 inches.

According to Amazon (in the US), Nelson 84101B is now Fleetguard 84101B which means it should be available at any Cummins dealer. Also available from Amazon (US) for a box of 6 for $69.21 & FREE Shipping.

Racor is a division of Parker. Look for Racor filter IN HC5710. Also believe HC5710 is the same as Fleetguard HF6777.

Followup: Racor filter IN HC5710 Specs

Silicone Cellulose Filter

Interceptor Part Number ParFit Part Number Micron Rating Center Thread Diameter Length Media Area Sq in. (Sq cm) Solids Capacity IN HC5710 N/A 10 1.5”-16 5.0 in. (12.7 cm) 7.0 in. (17.8 cm) 950 / 6128 0.6 oz (18.1 g)

Maximum Operating Pressure

100PSI (689.6 kPa):