Sign in to follow this  
Walt2137

ARPrv Refrigerator Protection Control

I installed one myself at the FMCA rally in Madison in my Winnebago Itasca Cambria with Norcold Refrigerator. +1 on Walt's comments. Some installation notes:

You have to shut the fridge off and let the heat stack behind the fridge cool down, that takes at least an hour. Once the stack is cool to the touch, the install took about an hour. Instructions are very clear and detailed. You need knife or wire stripper, a crimp connector crimping tool, and wire cutter, to spice the ground wire from the ARP into the 12 volt ground wire, where the cut, strip and crimp comes in. You could try to put the ARP ground to chassis metal, but on my RV it was better to just splice into the Winnebago 12 volt ground wire and be sure to get a good ground that way.

ARPrv just shuts off 12 volt power to the fridge for a few minutes if the heat stack temperature approaches the point where the water in the stack would start to boil, which initiates destruction of the fridge over time as the boiling of the water in the system breaks down the anti-corrosion protection of the system.