simptom43

Wintering In Rio Grande Valley

Question

4 answers to this question

simptom43.

Welcome to the Forum!

You can Goggle Mission RV Resorts or send a private post to TBUTLER, find him in blogs on this forum, he now lives in the Valley and would know more that me!

I would take a space for a month and then go out and get to know the area and check out the other parks and resorts! There are the good, better and the ugly. Meet with other RV'ers and get their input.

Good luck to you and enjoy Texas!

Carl

Well Carl,

Thanks, you said what I would have said! :D

Mission is the west end of the resort area. There are many parks there, small and large. Some are quite nice with paved roads and many activities, others are simpler, gravel and grass. You can find something to match your interests. Several in the Mission area are near Bentsen State Park which is a popular area for birding. There are also several there that have large dance halls if that is your interest. In fact, you should be able to find a park that just fits your needs and interests somewhere in the RGV.

This link has 25 parks in the valley that are described as resort-retirement parks.

This link is the RV Park Reviews for Mission, Texas. It lists 21 parks near Mission, Texas. This includes reviews from people who have stayed at these parks. I use RV Park Reviews as a primary source when hunting for parks in an unfamiliar area.

This link is more the Chamber of Commerce type information but has an area map that may be helpful in searching for parks. All of the communities in the RGV have many RV Parks. There are over 70 in the RGV at last count. That is why I would suggest coming and spending a short time at one park while you explore the area and look at other parks that you think might interest you. The last few years there have been open spaces at most parks so advance reservations might get you a better site but you should be able to find a place at most parks just by showing up!

My wife and I spent last winter, November to April at Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort and really enjoyed it. Very pretty park, not too big and lots of fun activities. Great woodshop, next door to State Park and Butterfly center.