seajaycecil@yahoo.com

Emergency Command

Willa and I are usually strapped in when we travel in the coach. There are exceptions, like ''potty breaks'' for the passenger and the regular trips to the ''snack cabinet'' and to the refrigerator for the occasional ''cheese, olives, and crackers'' or the occasional sandwich. Moving around the coach is always coordinated with traffic conditions. It has to be light traffic, straight roads if possible and as little walking as possible.

When we are on the road and Willa is not in her chair I always advise her of pending situations. ''Hard curve to the left'' ... ''Tail light city ahead.'' One command that we have and have never used is ''GET DOWN." We both understand that moving around in the coach should be kept to a minimum but one of the advantages of motor homing is food and lots of it. I have instructed her that in the event of an emergency situation while she is out and about that I will shout the command ''GET DOWN'' and that means some very serious stuff is about to take place. It means that she should get on the floor or behind a wall if possible without hesitation because I am going to go hard on the brakes or take evasive action or both. The phrase is easy to remember, direct to the point and is not confused with any other phrase.

Personally I think they should design a coach with a small refrigerator and a snack cabinet between the driver's seat and the passenger's seat. This would eliminate all that walking and the food would be real handy. They could also install a small crane to haul my fat butt out of the drivers seat when we park. We usually travel a little slower than the general ''traffic'' on the road and this gives us a buffer between us and the next car ahead of us because the ''traffic'' is usually moving away from us and it leaves room for the ''passers'' to pull in front of us if necessary. In my time motor homing I have driven a hundred thousand miles plus and I have never had to use the phrase ''GET DOWN'' and I hope I never do.

There is no charge for this information and you can feel free to use it as necessary....

Seajay the sailor man......

Yep....... you might should work on it just a little. Try talking real slow and wave your arms around a lot....lol .....

Be safe on the road my brother .....

GOD BLESS THIS NATION ......

Seajay the sailor man ....

ps..... (did I tell you about getting nine years our of two house batteries that were only suppose to last three weeks????)

Guest Wayne77590

Earlene never listens to me anyhow.

We also keep the straps on, except for those items you mentioned. I never go fast enough around the curves to cause a problem for her.