DHS Surround sound system

Removing non-functioning:

VDV player

VCR

No satellite receiver

Thanks.

Brett

Thanks, Rich.

I do have the manual, but it does not go into detail on where the Zenith box is in relation to antenna and Winegard VS.

I am not getting 12 VDC at the roof antenna, but do have 12 VDC to the Winegard VS.

Want to see how it should be wired before jumping in-- previous owner removed his satellite receiver and suspect the wiring was not left so remaining items would function.

Thanks Brett!
I will draw up some possibilities and get back to you ! Been sometime since I have had to hook something like this up, kind of a workaround because of the switch.

One more question, is the new set digital (front) and the older one Analog(rear)?

Rich.

OK, That kind of clears things up !

You need to connect the Antenna cable to the OEM power supply.

The cable coming out of this power supply needs to be connected to the Zenith Box.

The output from this box goes to the antenna in, on the Winegard switch. This makes the Zenith Box your channel selector. When watching off air channels.

Does the box have a RF output on channels 3 and 4? if so you set both TV,s to the channel selected on the "Z" Box and it is the one you will select the channel on the your going to watch.

The second option for the front unit(if it has the old RCA audio and video connections) is to run audio and video signals from the box to the front TV and set it in the line in mode.

This might give you a better picture.

NOTE ! The "Z" box will need to located where it can see the remote signal if its an IR interface.

Hope the information helps.

Rich.

Brett I went through that before digital TV were installed and had to bypass switch box 12 volt, install separate 12 volt booster then run ant to booster then to converter then to cable in at switch box.

edit: that would be ant in at switch box

The only problem is the converter box won't do two tv's different channels at same time. What ever channel is on converter box is same both tv's

You could add another converter box for the rear tv. (??)

Wish I were there to help Brett, but I'm in Petaluma CA with 67˚ temperatures right now Had a heat wave today as it got up to 76 or 78˚

You can put a splitter after the antenna power supply/amplifier. 1 cable to the front converter and 1 to the back converter. Then you can watch different channels on each tv.

I feel your pain by the way. When we bought our coach, everything was disconnected as the previous owner had it converted to digital TV's. Also, none of the cables were marked.

They had taken the video selector control and DVD player with them.

Found the selector with antenna power on Amazon and got a DVD player. Took about 2 hours of wire ringing out and reconnecting everything to get it all working correctly.

Yup, That works and the other option is to install a new digital TV front or rear that can handle the signal and install the converter box on the older analog set allows for 2 channel viewing.

I kind of steer clear of signal splitters when working with the new High frequency channels when longer cabling is involved, but inexpensive signal amplifiers do help - just one more item to install in a tight space in many cases.

Rich.

Rich that is what I finally did as the cost of replacing the TV was very little compare to rigging up analog TV to both separate channels. I'm lucky that I still have sound system that works with DVD but not over the air. I thought about getting a HDMI box but decided against it for now. Two converter boxes were about near 200 as two TV one 32' other 40' cost me 700. I just surface mounted them solid with angle iron and was a afternoon job for both.

My 2008 MH had a 30 inch digital ready TV. it looked like the old hump back TV's of yesteryear, and it weighed 117 pounds. I replaced it with a 36 inch LED that weighs 40 pounds. Now I can eat more. I personally believe that the new technolgy is worth the change, but one thing to remember is that most of the newer technological advancements in viewing entertainment do not provide the RCA Audio outputs, just COAX, Digital Optical, HDMI (W/RAC (Return Audio Channel). Many of the BOMB's in RV's are rigged for RCA Audio and a digital to analog converter will be necessary to have surround sound, or external speakers.

I wonder what BOMB's are in the newer RV's.