Sign in to follow this  
cadiwa

Poor Steering Control

I have a 2007 CC Inspire With Goodyear G670's . Had 4 wheel laser alignment at Country Coach and coach still steers very bad , you constantly have to correct for wander, wheel is off center and outer rib on right ft. tire is wearing signifigantly. Tires only have approx. 15,000 miles. Any suggestions?

Wayne cadieu

There can be many problems other than alignment for wandering. The best thing I did was get rid of the Goodyear tires, have the coach weight and set the right pressure. I went with Michelin as replacement at it had a higher ply rating and required less pressure.

Herman. What tech? CC closed their doors about 6 years ago!

Couple of years ago, I read an article in FMCA magazine, about how the kids may come out with a CC in 2016....nothing since.

Carl

Oh yeah, I remember now. :wub:

Then I also need to ask, has Wayne's had the wandering for 6 years and is just know seeking an answer?

Wayne,

Where and when did you have your coach aligned?

How old are your tires?

Did this just become a problem or is it an on going problem?

I don't know if Coaches have the same problem as cars did several year ago, but there use to be a slight indent in the steering box when the box was centered. The wandering might be in the steering box trying to center it self. (just an ole man's thoughts)

Herman