seajaycecil@yahoo.com

Marine And Navy Thing

Those of you who know me thru these forums should realize that I take life pretty lightly and I am always open for a smile or a good laugh at my or your expense. It always gives me great joy to bring a smile or a laugh to everyone. The rhetoric between Wayne the Marine and myself is purely all in fun and we mean no harm or insult to each other in any way. It is just a Marine and a Navy thing that has gone on since the inception of the Navy and the Marine Corps. Sometimes I will comment on a subject and I guess I make something funny out of something seemingly very serious, though it is hard for me to believe that there is much on here that is dead serious. Anyhow, I only mean to bring a smile and a little happiness to the forums. I realize that sometimes I talk too much and listen too little.

GOD BLESS OUR GREAT NATION.
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND BRING THEM HOME SOON AND SAFE.
Seajay the sailor man

Guest Wayne77590

And I take life seriously, but lightly with humor. In person, I can slip a good innuendo into a conversation real quick. Those things that I say on this forum that are meant as funnies, I can just hope they are taken that way. Unfortunately the written word does not show emotions and expressions that can reduce a comment to a funny. In no way do I mean to offend anyone, and if I do, please just send me an email or PM and I will apologize en-mass.

As for the navy and Marine thing, well it has been going on since about 1775, but I can guarantee you that if you have a Marine and a sailor in a street fight, they will be standing back to back. Don't mess with out sister service.

And Seajay, although I have said this on the phone to you, and in email, I wish to extend my heart felt appreciation for the hand carved cane you sent me. Even when my knee is better I'll still use it as a walking stick - or to keep sailors away.

I've read with care the messages above, and find I'm in complete agreement with Wayne regarding the lack of emotion in a post or e-mail, even if one uses those silly little "emoticons". That said, if one takes Seajay's posts in the manner in which they are written, and the jibes back and forth between he and our favorite grunt, than it really is easy to see when one or the other is poking fun, and when one or the other is serious.

I can't EVER imagine a time when a Marine or Sailor would seriously defame one or the other based on their choice of service. Far too many of our fellow service men and women have been lost to allow petty service rivalry comments sully our reputations. I happen to enjoy the banter between the two and marvel at Wayne's literacy, don't you folks?

I've never met either of these guys in person, but look forward to doing so. I may not agree with all they say but I sure appreciate their right to say it on this or any other forum. I admire both of them for their ability to bring abit of joy to the forum in the appropriate places.

In as much as Seajay was in communicatins, we must remember that he's only used to dots and dashes....ergo all the dashes in his posts. The ear phones he wore for years have done something to what we might call his brain, and therefore it is in our best interests to treat him with kindness and some modicum of respect. Wayne, conversely was, I believe, in intelligence. Need I say more?

I wish both of these men only the best and hope they continue to post on this forum with whatever they have to say.

I pray they always have the wind at their backs and smooth sailing. Now, GET DOWN.

Doc Mike

I have not always lived my life in such a manner that I feel I have the right to tell anyone else how to live their lives.

That said, I feel in a public place (like a quiet cafe), loud teasing between a Navy guy and a Marine guy would get tiresome and rude real quick. Not everyone appreciates that sort of adversarial goings on. A private venue might be more appropriate.

Now, with ALL that said, nothing touches my heart more than the brave men and women that have sacrificed and died for our wonderful country. I was in the Army for three years, and was improved by the process. I bleed red white and blue, and will cross the street to fight for my country. Thank you Vets, and thank your families.

If I was in that café mentioned above, and a Navy-Marine verbal altercation broke out, I would consider the source, sacrifices made, and give them a pass - for a while anyway.

I would not enjoy being subjected to it every day.

Consider this viewpoint is from an old Army guy, and give it the weight or importance you feel it warrants.

Personally, I enjoy the barbs. In fact, as a former Submariner and a member of the Marine Corps League, I find it great fun to walk into the MCL, stand at the door and yell "OK, all you a$$ho........er, Navy rejects, look here"! Then I stand there and point at each of the Jarheads that look my way as if I were counting them. They, of course, toss their many barbs at me too. Then we sit at the bar and have a few drinks together sharing "Sea Stories". It's the comaraderie, folks.

We all have our choices in life and in the immortal words of Joe Arpaio, if you don't like it here, don't come back!

Simple, yes?

Guest Wayne77590

Since this is not a cafe, bar, or other place of establishment, but a forum, one can choose not to read the wit and humor, and exuberant ramblings of Marines and sailors. It is everyone's personal choice to read whatever thread, or post they wish to read. It does seem to me that the banter posts are read the most. I wish more people would join in. It makes it fun.

I like fun.

Hey Wayne,

I, probably like you, would spend a little time at the EM Club having a few. As we had Marines guarding the gates, I also started collecting those little flat things Jarheads wear on their heads. All was well until we had an insection at the barracks. When I opened my locker, 23 of them tumbled out.

Curiously enough, my Skipper made me hand-deliver all of them to their rightful owners.

Life at the EM Club was never the same after that.

Kinda thought you'd get a kick out of that. I sure got a few.

Bob (SeaJay says Hi).

Guest Wayne77590

Bob,

That is why they made us stamp our name on the inside of the "P-cover," so that when sailors took them, they would get so scared the would return them to the rightful owner. Your CO was smart. He knew that the "wrath" was coming if he did not take action.

Oh! And they needed someone reliable to guard the gates. I would not look quite right with a pile of "mud" with a marshmallow on top standing there not knowing what to do.

:rolleyes::);):D For this whole post :lol::P:D:D

For those reading this that have no idea of what I am talking about, well, just get over it and move on.

Wayne,

And just why did they call it a "P" cover"?

And here all this time I thought I had done something wrong with them.

BTW, the green ones don't show yellow stains too badly.

Bob

Guest Wayne77590

Bob,

It reminds me of a story about a sailor and a Marine sitting together on an airplane. The Marine excused himself to go to the restroom. He had taken his shoes off and decided not to put them on for the restroom stop. The sailor, seeing the shoes on the floor, picked them up and spit in them. The Marine returned, and life went on. Soon, the sailor had to get up and use the restroom. The marine noticed his can of beer, and immediately relieved himself in it. The sailor returned and life went on. The plane landed. The Marine stuck his feet into his shoes, and exclaimed, "When will the interservice rivalry end. Sailors spitting in Marine's shoes and Marines urinating in sailor's drinks."

Wayne,

I heard that story......the other way 'round.

The inter-service rivalry between the Navy and Marines will never end.

Kinda like between me and my Brother.

And I can live with that.

I have your back, Marine.

Bob

Guest Wayne77590

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but as each of us has registered to use this forum, and because it does require registration to participate (not to just read), rules and guidelines have been set up by the owner/administrators of this forum. Rules, regulations, guidelines and military discipline are not new to veterans. We have all had to abide by them. Since some may have missed the rules and guidelines, here they are again:

Thank you for visiting the FMCA Forums, where motorhome owners -- from novice to veteran -- can discuss everything about motorhoming. To promote a fun and welcoming atmosphere, we have implemented the following rules:

* Post in the correct forum. Look at other topics and see where your topic should go.

* We require all posts to be constructive and on topic. We may delete individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread. Threads that evolve into good-natured, off-topic banter are better suited for a personal contact method such as a private message or e-mail.

* Solicitations to buy or sell of any kind are strictly prohibited.

* Do not post to advertise your product or business. Advertising commercial-related or competing products are forbidden in any relation to your account, including Signatures.

* Please keep posts positive and polite. Do not use the forums to repeatedly attack a company, organization or product.

* Political or religious posts are not allowed.

* You may not use this message board to post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

* FMCA reserves the right to remove any message deemed inappropriate or disruptive to our Community.

* If a topic is recognized as a violation of any of these guidelines, please contact a Moderator or Administrator either via Private Message or the "report post to moderator" feature; do not respond publicly to the member. Please do not argue a moderator's decision publicly on the forums.

* FMCA reserves the right to change these rules as necessary to meet any future needs that may arise.

* FMCA is not responsible for any messages posted. FMCA does not vouch for or validate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message.

* The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of FMCA.

Within these guidelines, FMCA encourages information exchange, friendly debate, socializing and good humor.

Thank you for being part of our online community.""

In reading the above again, the administrators are trying to keep withing the guidlines posted. We all need to take a breath, step back, and reassess our posts. There are over 8000 registered users on this forum. We might have 10-15 percent of those as active members, but it does not mean that the others are not reading it, nor does in mean that those that do read it are not contacting the administrators when something they see is offensive, or considered out of line. That being said, offensive and out of line are in the readers mind, not the poster who may have a different set of values.

We need to respect, not only the owners and administrators, but all members of this forum, regardless of their percentage of participation. It only takes one read to sour one's perspective of what they percieve as to have been a good web site. Again, it is in their personal beholding, but it needs to be respected.

Every forum that I have ever belonged to has chastised inappropriate behavior, and in some cases has banned individuals from being members of their forum. That has not happened here, but is not said that it could not happen. We have time to fix this. Let's do.

Also, there are some old-time communicators out there. To all that have never been in the communications field, ALL CAPS IS NOT SHOUTING to them. It is the most reliable print and does not lead to misinterpretation of spelled words. It's easier and quicker to read. That is why the military used all capital letters on their communications system as a norm. Things have changed, and with the advent of computers and e-mail, so has the case in which they type.

To all you old-time communicators. ALL CAPS IS SHOUTING, so stop using all caps. You can learn all over again to type in lower case and punctuate those words that need punctuation. In keeping with light banter, I know that the above read is going to be difficult for Army, Navy and Air Force personnel. So give me a holler if you need help.

Semper Fi to all, and God Bless Our Troops.

Being a Sailor or a Marine is quite the same as being a Texas Aggie or Texas Alum. There will always be discussions as to which school is what. But in the end they will always tell you they are both in TEXAS.

I have been on Shore Patrol and always felt secure when we had to work with the Marine M.P.s. We had sticks and they had side arms.

Marines always have your back no matter what branch of service you are or were in. Besides, how else could all of us swab jockeys go on liberty if we had to guard the gates.

"SIMPER FI" to all you USMC Vets.

and

"FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS" to all you sailors.

Now get back on the gates so I can go on liberty.

Guest Wayne77590

Nope! Not the same. He brought some good humor to the forum. All of his posts gave me a smile.

Egads! Jarheads, Bubbleheads, Black Shoes and Doggies! Whats a Brown Shoe to do!!! Happy Holidays All! Thank You All for Your Service to this great Country of ours! Chief Halpin!

Guest Wayne77590

Chief? What tribe?

In all seriousness, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. May all of your holidays be filled with joy and happiness.

From the both of us veterans.

I may have been a Army guy, but I took a nice cruise in the Pacific courtesy of the Navy on the LCU Meeker County (already knew about the Sea Bats), and attended the Marine Corps Air Sea Ground Intelligenceman Course (only guy from the Army to attend at the time) at Little Creek, VA. And also took many flights courtesy of the USAF. I think we all have each others back when needed!

I am a retired Navy Corpsman and served with the Marines for four years at 29 Palms (1974-1978) before going into Special Operations. The best duties that I have ever had were with the Marines (1st FAG and 3rd Tanks) and the Spec Ops side of the Navy. The Marines took very good care of me and vice versa. Now the Army is something else lol

Retired Navy here and grateful to our Marine Gunny while in the Seabees. Kudos to all our current and former sevice members and for your service.

And as i always say to former Marines, i had to join the Navy, couldnt pass the Marine final test.

And they always ask, "which test?" to which i always reply, "i couldnt fit my head in a jar."

LCDR, SCW, Navy Supply Corps, Ret

During my life, I've encountered many vets who seemed to have had a horrible time in the military. Between active duty and reserves, I couldn't have had a more fulfilling time. I served on submarines, went to dive school, belly crawled through the mud, made some temporary, but good, friendships with some crazy Force Recon marines, assigned to deep submergence unit, plank owner MIUW unit, learned how to build runways with Seabees, operated heavy equipment, Navy recruiter...ran out of stuff to do with the Navy, decided to give the Army a go...biomedical technician, combat medic, learned how to low crawl through the mud with Rangers (thank you Navy for the pre-training).

Pembertonltd8,

We cherish our "Docs!" They are the best thing one can have around them in a time of need.

Thank you for your service.